Bulgaria, Turkey to Discuss New Transport Agreement
Bulgaria and Turkey will discuss on Monday the issue with permits and quotas for tractor trailers.
As a result of the dispute, the Bulgarian-Turkish border remained blocked at a number of checkpoints throughout last week.
In end-January, over a quota dispute, Turkey declared invalid the one-time transit permits issued to Bulgarian carriers and Bulgaria responded with a reciprocal measure.
Bulgaria will propose a new transport agreement, since the current one was signed in 1977. The new agreement should include a larger number of permits for Bulgarian carriers to third countries and a liberalization of transport between Bulgaria and Turkey.
The meeting will be attended by the transport ministers of both countries, as well as representatives of the freight carriers.
- » Regional Minister Popnikolov To Discuss Building Sanitation Programme With BDB, Municipalities
- » Deputy PM Yanev: Kostov Used His Influence To Appoint People
- » Consultative Council on South Gas Corridor To Meet in Baku
- » State Ventures To Invest 50% of 2016 Profits on Behalf of Bulgaria
- » Azerbaijan Waiting for Bulgaria To Construct Gas Link With Greece
- » Foreign Investments in Bulgaria Shrink by 60% at End-2016