Venezuela Expels 3 US Diplomats, Issues Opposition Crackdown
Venezuela has expelled three US diplomats, accusing them of conspiring to overthrow of the government.
President Nicolas Maduro has been faced with growing public discontent and protests. Violent rallies led to the death of 3 people last week.
The US diplomats who are being expelled are accused of having met with students organizing the anti-government protests, the BBC reports.
Meanwhile, an arrest warrant has been issued for the opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez.
"We are particularly alarmed by reports that the Venezuelan government has arrested or detained scores of anti-government protestors and issued an arrest warrant for opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez", read a statement of the US Secretary of State John Kerry.
The names of the diplomats being expelled remain undisclosed.
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax