Venezuela Expels 3 US Diplomats, Issues Opposition Crackdown
Venezuela has expelled three US diplomats, accusing them of conspiring to overthrow of the government.
President Nicolas Maduro has been faced with growing public discontent and protests. Violent rallies led to the death of 3 people last week.
The US diplomats who are being expelled are accused of having met with students organizing the anti-government protests, the BBC reports.
Meanwhile, an arrest warrant has been issued for the opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez.
"We are particularly alarmed by reports that the Venezuelan government has arrested or detained scores of anti-government protestors and issued an arrest warrant for opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez", read a statement of the US Secretary of State John Kerry.
The names of the diplomats being expelled remain undisclosed.
- » Unidentified Gunman Opens Fire in FSB Office in Russia’s Khabarovsk
- » French Police Hunting Second Suspect After Paris Attack
- » Gunman Kills Officer Before Being Shot Dead
- » Financial Support For Participants in Chernobyl Cleanup
- » N.Korea Warns of "Super-Mighty Preemptive Strike" as U.S. Plans Next Move
- » Greek Armed Forces Investigate Crash That Killed Four Officers