Ex Prime Minister Borisov Re-elected Chair of Bulgaria's GERB Party
Boyko Borisov, former Prime Minister, was re-elected Chair of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria).
Borisov's reelection was backed by 1102 votes, with no votes against and no abstentions at a national congress of GERB on Sunday.
At Borisov's proposal, the delegates elected three Deputy Chairs, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, former Interior Minister, Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia, and Dimitar Nikolov, Mayor of Burgas, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
Tsvetanov was re-elected as Deputy Chair despite the recent exchange of accusations between him and Delyan Peevski, controversial media mogul and MP from liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), over intervention in the work of the judiciary.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.
This is great news.
He will erode GERB so that it becomes an even more useless party, some highlights of GERB behaviour, resigning from government, failing to form a government after the May elections, boycotting parliament - a pattern of quitting, more of the same to come.
Even the idiot student protestors rejected his offer of GERB to provide leadership for their useless protests.
Well done GERB I expect more of the same useless activity from you.