Ex Prime Minister Borisov Re-elected Chair of Bulgaria's GERB Party
Boyko Borisov, former Prime Minister, was re-elected Chair of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria).
Borisov's reelection was backed by 1102 votes, with no votes against and no abstentions at a national congress of GERB on Sunday.
At Borisov's proposal, the delegates elected three Deputy Chairs, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, former Interior Minister, Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia, and Dimitar Nikolov, Mayor of Burgas, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
Tsvetanov was re-elected as Deputy Chair despite the recent exchange of accusations between him and Delyan Peevski, controversial media mogul and MP from liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), over intervention in the work of the judiciary.
- » Bulgarian President Refers Six-Point Referendum to Constitutional Court
- » Bulgaria PM Says He Cannot Be 'That Useful' as President
- » Bulgarian Parliamentary Committee Adopts Ban on Face-Covering Veils
- » Bulgarian MPs Propose Relaxing Restrictions for Voters Abroad
- » Bulgarian PM Refrains From Revealing GERB's Presidential Candidate
- » Bulgaria’s Ex-President Parvanov Hints at Possibility to Run Again
This is great news.
He will erode GERB so that it becomes an even more useless party, some highlights of GERB behaviour, resigning from government, failing to form a government after the May elections, boycotting parliament - a pattern of quitting, more of the same to come.
Even the idiot student protestors rejected his offer of GERB to provide leadership for their useless protests.
Well done GERB I expect more of the same useless activity from you.