Ex Prime Minister Borisov Re-elected Chair of Bulgaria's GERB Party
Boyko Borisov, former Prime Minister, was re-elected Chair of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria).
Borisov's reelection was backed by 1102 votes, with no votes against and no abstentions at a national congress of GERB on Sunday.
At Borisov's proposal, the delegates elected three Deputy Chairs, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, former Interior Minister, Yordanka Fandakova, Mayor of Sofia, and Dimitar Nikolov, Mayor of Burgas, according to reports of dnevnik.bg.
Tsvetanov was re-elected as Deputy Chair despite the recent exchange of accusations between him and Delyan Peevski, controversial media mogul and MP from liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), over intervention in the work of the judiciary.
- » Financial Supervision Commission Plans Increase in Taxes Paid By Non-Banking Sector
- » Movement 21-NDSV Presidential Candidate Doncheva: GERB Will Not Reach Ballotage
- » Former Bulgarian PM To Run for President
- » Counter-Terrorism Training Exercise To Be Held at Plovdiv Airport on September 27
- » Trakia Highway Traffic Halted Due To Fire
- » Vote Counting Machines to Be Tested Only in Sofia in Presidential Elections
This is great news.
He will erode GERB so that it becomes an even more useless party, some highlights of GERB behaviour, resigning from government, failing to form a government after the May elections, boycotting parliament - a pattern of quitting, more of the same to come.
Even the idiot student protestors rejected his offer of GERB to provide leadership for their useless protests.
Well done GERB I expect more of the same useless activity from you.