Farmers in Northern Greece Ready to Stage Roadblocks
Farmers in northern Greece are ready to stage roadblocks over new tax regulations.
Motorcades of 20-50 tractors are waiting at key crossroads and road junctions, ready to block highways in case farmers' representatives agree on such a measure during their meetings, according to reports of Sega daily.
On Saturday, farmers met with Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras but the talks yielded no results.
In northern Greece, farmers and motorcades of tractors are waiting at key crossroads and highway interchanges in the regions of Drama, Serres, between Drama and Kavala, Asprovalta, Thessaloniki, Pella, Voden, the village of Rizari and along the entire road between the villages of Lerin and Kostur, etc.
- » US, Cuba Move to Normalize Ties
- » EU Commission to Enquire All Member States on Tax Rulings
- » EU Ready to Tighten Sanctions Against Russia
- » China, Central, Eastern Europe Cooperate on New Transport Network
- » Arrested Bulgarians to Return from Belgrade Thursday
- » EU Parliament Fails to Agree on Joint Motion on Recognition of Palestine