Farmers in Northern Greece Ready to Stage Roadblocks
Farmers in northern Greece are ready to stage roadblocks over new tax regulations.
Motorcades of 20-50 tractors are waiting at key crossroads and road junctions, ready to block highways in case farmers' representatives agree on such a measure during their meetings, according to reports of Sega daily.
On Saturday, farmers met with Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras but the talks yielded no results.
In northern Greece, farmers and motorcades of tractors are waiting at key crossroads and highway interchanges in the regions of Drama, Serres, between Drama and Kavala, Asprovalta, Thessaloniki, Pella, Voden, the village of Rizari and along the entire road between the villages of Lerin and Kostur, etc.
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia
- » EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Further Sanctions Against Russia
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016
- » SYRIZA Determined to Seek Renegotiation of Greek Debt