Farmers in Northern Greece Ready to Stage Roadblocks
Farmers in northern Greece are ready to stage roadblocks over new tax regulations.
Motorcades of 20-50 tractors are waiting at key crossroads and road junctions, ready to block highways in case farmers' representatives agree on such a measure during their meetings, according to reports of Sega daily.
On Saturday, farmers met with Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras but the talks yielded no results.
In northern Greece, farmers and motorcades of tractors are waiting at key crossroads and highway interchanges in the regions of Drama, Serres, between Drama and Kavala, Asprovalta, Thessaloniki, Pella, Voden, the village of Rizari and along the entire road between the villages of Lerin and Kostur, etc.
- » British PM David Cameron Proposes Benefits Curbs to Cut Immigration
- » Pope Francis Visits Turkey, Calls on Faiths to Oppose Fanaticism
- » Junior Partner Leaves Romania Govt Coalition, PM Vows to Carry On
- » Kristalina Georgieva Calls for Sound Agreement on EU Budget
- » Croatian PM Cancels Visit to Serbia Over Freeing of War Crimes Suspect
- » Three-quarters Of Norwegians Against Joining EU