Farmers in Northern Greece Ready to Stage Roadblocks
Farmers in northern Greece are ready to stage roadblocks over new tax regulations.
Motorcades of 20-50 tractors are waiting at key crossroads and road junctions, ready to block highways in case farmers' representatives agree on such a measure during their meetings, according to reports of Sega daily.
On Saturday, farmers met with Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras but the talks yielded no results.
In northern Greece, farmers and motorcades of tractors are waiting at key crossroads and highway interchanges in the regions of Drama, Serres, between Drama and Kavala, Asprovalta, Thessaloniki, Pella, Voden, the village of Rizari and along the entire road between the villages of Lerin and Kostur, etc.
- » Ukrainian Rebel Leader Alexey Mozgovy Reportedly Murdered Near Luhansk
- » Britain’s Labour Party to Back Cameron’s Referendum on EU Membership
- » Sweden Wins 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Gunfight Between Security Forces, Armed Group Kills at Least 43 in Mexico
- » IS Claims Responsibility for Suicide Attack on Shiite Mosque in Saudi Arabia
- » Russia Warns Google, Twitter, Facebook of Possible Blocking of Services