Farmers in Northern Greece Ready to Stage Roadblocks
Farmers in northern Greece are ready to stage roadblocks over new tax regulations.
Motorcades of 20-50 tractors are waiting at key crossroads and road junctions, ready to block highways in case farmers' representatives agree on such a measure during their meetings, according to reports of Sega daily.
On Saturday, farmers met with Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras but the talks yielded no results.
In northern Greece, farmers and motorcades of tractors are waiting at key crossroads and highway interchanges in the regions of Drama, Serres, between Drama and Kavala, Asprovalta, Thessaloniki, Pella, Voden, the village of Rizari and along the entire road between the villages of Lerin and Kostur, etc.
- » Turkish Air Force Reportedly Suspends Flights over Syria
- » Russia to Suspend Visa-free Travel for Turkish Citizens from 2016
- » France to Commemorate Paris Victims With National Memorial Service
- » German Police Arrests Two Suspected Jihadists in Berlin
- » Hollande, Putin Meet to Discuss Broad Coalition against ‘Common Enemy’
- » President Erdogan: Turkey Won’t Apologize for Shooting down Russian Bomber