Bulgaria's GERB Are Destined to Rule Again: EPP MEP
Bulgaria's center-right GERB party will soon return to power in the country, argued EPP MEP Augustin Diaz de Mera Garcia Consuegra.
Sunday Diaz de Mera spoke at the GERB national congress held in Sofia.
"I have been witness to your birth and growth as a European political force. The fact that you will soon return to power is of utmost importance to our political family, the EPP," said the Spanish MEP.
He further praised GERB leader and former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov for his leadership qualities, saying he is confident that it will be Borisov who will continue to chair the party in the years to come.
"In Boyko Borisov I found a great leader, a European leader, a Bulgarian leader, a leader for Bulgarians, committed to security in Bulgaria and the European continent," said de Mera.
The GERB confrence in Sofia is expected to make reshuffles in the party's statute and governing bodies, mostly related to the position of longtime GERB vice-chair and Borisov's "right hand", Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
- » Council of Europe anti-torture Committee Head Condemns Bulgaria’s Failure to Report Police Brutality Cases
- » EU to Allocate EUR 25 M to Bulgaria, Turkey for Cross-Border Cooperation
- » EU Allocates EUR 6.3 M to Bulgaria for Recovery after Severe Winter
- » PM Borisov Highlights Bulgaria’s Contribution to EU Security in Talks with Mogherini
- » EU Foreign Policy Chief Mogherini To Meet with Bulgaria’s PM, President in Sofia
- » 8 Projects of 6 EU Countries among First Batch to Get Funding under ‘Juncker Plan’
This is a complete joke.
This bunch of political wasters called GERB will not return to power, the right wing Facist vote that they need is being split by emerging Facist parties and they are such a bunch of lazy cowards that they are not providing effective opposition and are pactically invisible.
This MEP was obiviously enjoying lots of lovely Bulgarian wine when he came up with this crap.