Bulgaria's Zhekova Finishes 5th at Sochi Snowboard Cross
Bulgarian athlete Alexandra Zhekova finished fifth at the snowboard cross competition at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Sunday Zhekova was brilliant, going through quarter finals and semi finals, finishing 2nd in both rounds to make it to the top 6 who competed in the snowboard cross final.
However, at the final, as she was racing 3rd, Italian Michaela Moioli collided into her with both falling; the Bulgarian rose back up to finish 5th.
Stunning Czech athlete Eva Samkova won the gold medal, followed by France's Dominique Maltais.
Zhekova's fine showing is by far the best Bulgarian performance in the Sochi Winter Olympics yet.
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams
- » Football Union Reportedly Revokes Licences of Bulgaria's CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia