Bulgaria's Zhekova Finishes 5th at Sochi Snowboard Cross
Bulgarian athlete Alexandra Zhekova finished fifth at the snowboard cross competition at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Sunday Zhekova was brilliant, going through quarter finals and semi finals, finishing 2nd in both rounds to make it to the top 6 who competed in the snowboard cross final.
However, at the final, as she was racing 3rd, Italian Michaela Moioli collided into her with both falling; the Bulgarian rose back up to finish 5th.
Stunning Czech athlete Eva Samkova won the gold medal, followed by France's Dominique Maltais.
Zhekova's fine showing is by far the best Bulgarian performance in the Sochi Winter Olympics yet.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells