Bulgaria's Zhekova Finishes 5th at Sochi Snowboard Cross
Bulgarian athlete Alexandra Zhekova finished fifth at the snowboard cross competition at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Sunday Zhekova was brilliant, going through quarter finals and semi finals, finishing 2nd in both rounds to make it to the top 6 who competed in the snowboard cross final.
However, at the final, as she was racing 3rd, Italian Michaela Moioli collided into her with both falling; the Bulgarian rose back up to finish 5th.
Stunning Czech athlete Eva Samkova won the gold medal, followed by France's Dominique Maltais.
Zhekova's fine showing is by far the best Bulgarian performance in the Sochi Winter Olympics yet.
- » 2-Time Olympic Champion Maria Grozdeva Wins a Bronze at the European Shooting Championship in Baku
- » Botev Plovdiv did not Win but Still Dreams of Big Breakthrough in Europe
- » Missed Opportunities and Poor Play in Defense Failed Ludogorets in Israel
- » Novak Djokovic will Not Play Again in 2017
- » Ludogorets's Road to Europe goes through Israel
- » It is Official Cristiano Ronaldo is Staying at Bernabeu