Good Hiking Conditions in Bulgaria's Mountains
Weather conditions for hiking are good Sunday in Bulgaria's low and high mountains, informed the Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service.
Temperatures for the day will be comparatively high for the season, with lows not exceeding -5 degrees Celsius and highs well over 0.
The Mountain Rescue Service however warns hikers and skiers that weather Saturday is expected to be not very stable.
People out in the mountains are also advised to abide by winter rules in the mountains.
The snow cover this season is comparatively scarce, and warm weather has made the snow wet, which among other things increases avalanche danger.
The snow cover thickness in lower areas measures 15-60 cm.
Ski facilities in winter resorts are in operation.
- » Number of Tourists To Grow by 30% for Summer 2017
- » Bulgaria Posts EU's Biggest Growth in Tourist Overnights for 2016
- » New Sofia Public Transport 3-Day Tourist Pass Valid As Of October 1
- » Dutch Transavia To Launch Sofia-Amsterdam Flights
- » Sofia Attracts Over 500,000 Tourists So Far in 2016
- » Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria