Bulgarian Neo-Nazis to Hold March despite Sofia Disapproval
Bulgarian neo-Nazi organizations are to hold their annual march in Sofia on Saturday, despite the municipal authorities’ refusal to permit the event.
Earlier this week, Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova refused to issue a permit for the annual torch-lit march commemorating controversial General Hristo Lukov (1887-1943), who was known for his pro-Nazi views.
However, the organizers of the neo-Nazi march said the legal deadline for banning the event had expired, meaning that it did not need a permission in order to take place.
The so-called “Lukov March” will begin at 5:30 pm EET Saturday at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier by the Sveta Sofia church.
The march has taken place each year since 2003, attracting various extremist and neo-Nazi groups from Bulgaria and abroad.
Sofianites have staged a number of protests against the outrageous event – but to no avail.
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister
- » Bulgaria Raises Retirement Age as Part of Pension Reform
- » Bulgaria Sets Up Animal Police Service
- » Bulgaria MP Committee Passes Questions in Voting Rules Referendum
- » Bulgarian Parliament Passes Labor Code Amendments
- » Bulgaria is Well Prepared for Greek Bank Crisis, Foreign Minister Mitov says