Heavy Snowall in Japan Claims 3 Lives
At least three people have died, and 800 have sustained various injuries, as a result of the latest heavy snowfall in Japan, report world agencies.
The snow cover in Tokyo is over 20 cm, with the cover thickest in the region of Kofu, some 130 west of the capital - 1.14 m.
Classes in schools in many cities are cancelled, as are some 500 flights; trains are travelling with large delays and many major roads are closed.
- » Romanian PM ousted in no-confidence vote
- » Justice minister Francois Bayrou is quitting French government
- » French Police Found Champs Elysees Attacker's Weapons
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Merkel Ready to Consider Macron Eurozone Reform Ideas
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to London: 'Attack at Finsbury Park Mosque is Defined as Potential Terrorist Attack'