Heavy Snowall in Japan Claims 3 Lives
At least three people have died, and 800 have sustained various injuries, as a result of the latest heavy snowfall in Japan, report world agencies.
The snow cover in Tokyo is over 20 cm, with the cover thickest in the region of Kofu, some 130 west of the capital - 1.14 m.
Classes in schools in many cities are cancelled, as are some 500 flights; trains are travelling with large delays and many major roads are closed.
- » Greece Repays First Installment Worth EUR 310 M of IMF Loan
- » Nemtsov's Girlfriend 'Received Death Threats'
- » Putin Slashes Russian Government Salaries by 10%
- » Russia's Navalny Freed from Detention
- » IS Militants Bulldozed Iraq's Ancient City of Nimrud
- » UK's Hammond States EU Readiness for New Sanctions against Russia