Heavy Snowall in Japan Claims 3 Lives
At least three people have died, and 800 have sustained various injuries, as a result of the latest heavy snowfall in Japan, report world agencies.
The snow cover in Tokyo is over 20 cm, with the cover thickest in the region of Kofu, some 130 west of the capital - 1.14 m.
Classes in schools in many cities are cancelled, as are some 500 flights; trains are travelling with large delays and many major roads are closed.
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot