Heavy Snowall in Japan Claims 3 Lives
At least three people have died, and 800 have sustained various injuries, as a result of the latest heavy snowfall in Japan, report world agencies.
The snow cover in Tokyo is over 20 cm, with the cover thickest in the region of Kofu, some 130 west of the capital - 1.14 m.
Classes in schools in many cities are cancelled, as are some 500 flights; trains are travelling with large delays and many major roads are closed.
- » Tony Blair Urges West-Russia Cooperation Against Islamic Extremism
- » Juncker Unveils EUR 300 B Investment Plan Ahead of No Confidence Vote
- » Catalonia 'Could Break Away in 18 Months' - President
- » Second Night of Unrest in Ferguson, Protests Held Across US
- » French President Suspends Delivery of First Mistral Warship to Russia
- » Turkey 'in Talks' with Westinghouse on Third NPP