Italian PM Submits Resignation to President
Italian Prime Minister Enrico Letta expectedly submitted his resignation on Friday.
Before heading to President Giorgio Napolitano to resign, Letta thanked everyone who had helped him during the past 10 months as prime minister.
Democratic Party leader Matteo Renzi appears poised to be nominated for Prime Minister, according to international media.
Renzi, 39, had argued that a change of government was needed to end "uncertainty".
Letta's coalition government was formed in April last year after two months of political deadlock following an inconclusive election.
- » Ukraine Ready to Compromise on Russian Gas Price
- » Ukrainian Flag Raised Over Iconic Moscow Skyscraper
- » IS Purportedly Beheads US Reporter James Foley
- » Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
- » Ukraine Refugee Convoy 'Hit' by Rockets, Mortars
- » US National Guard Intervenes to Quell Missouri Protests