Bulgaria's GDP Up 1% in Q4 2013
Bulgaria's GDP rose by 1% in the last quarter of 2013, year-on-year, show the flash estimates of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
Compared to Q3 2013, the GDP grew by 0.4%.
In nominal value the GDP reached BGN 21.321 B.
The services sector has the largest share (71.5%) in total value added, followed by the industrial sector (24.6%) and the agricultural sector (3.9%). In the structure of GDP by the expenditure approach, the largest share belongs to the end consumption (82.2%), which in nominal terms amounted to BGN 17.5 B.
The trade balance remains negative.
According to the flash GDP estimates by final expenditure in the fourth quarter of 2013 the main contributions to the growth registered have the individual consumption with 0.2% and the exports of goods and services with 0.1%. The import of goods and services decreases its level with 4.0% and gross fixed capital formation decreased by 0.8% in the fourth quarter of 2013 compared to the previous quarter.
- » Bulgaria's Interim Finmin Porozhanov Voices Concern about KTB
- » Oettinger Pledges Full Support for Bulgaria's Energy Board
- » Bulgarian Telco Vivacom Engaged in Unfair Practice - Supreme Court
- » 53% of Bulgarians Do Not Trust Banking System – Poll
- » Bulgaria's 131km Border Fence Plan May Trigger Infringement Procedure
- » South Stream Bulgaria Halts Commissioning Activities