First Bulgarian Athlete to Reach Top 30 in Sochi
Bulgaria's Nikola Chongarov finished 24th with 7.21 seconds behind Switzerland's Sandro Viletta in the men's super combined in Sochi.
Chongarov recorded the best Bulgarian result at the Sochi Winter Olympics so far, ranking among the top 30 athletes in his discipline. It took him 2:52,41 minutes to reach the finish line at the competition, Friday.
The other Bulgarian Georgi Georgiev did not finish the race.
Sandro Viletta of Switzerland skied a superb slalom to beat Croatia's Ivica Kostelic by 0.34 seconds, with Italy's Christof Innerhofer third.
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery
- » Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
- » Clashes Break Out In Argentina After World Cup Defeat
- » Germany Crowned World Cup Champion After Defeating Argentina
- » Germany Footballers Decided Not To Humiliate Brazil
- » Corinna Schumacher: Michael Schumacher Is Getting Better
LOL - Is that how they judge success in Bulgaria? If you're number 29 in a tournament you're considered a national hero and on arrival the President will personally greet you at the airport and there will be a parade on the streets.
LOL - I think mediocrity has found its home in this dumpster of a country (that nobody even knows)!