First Bulgarian Athlete to Reach Top 30 in Sochi
Bulgaria's Nikola Chongarov finished 24th with 7.21 seconds behind Switzerland's Sandro Viletta in the men's super combined in Sochi.
Chongarov recorded the best Bulgarian result at the Sochi Winter Olympics so far, ranking among the top 30 athletes in his discipline. It took him 2:52,41 minutes to reach the finish line at the competition, Friday.
The other Bulgarian Georgi Georgiev did not finish the race.
Sandro Viletta of Switzerland skied a superb slalom to beat Croatia's Ivica Kostelic by 0.34 seconds, with Italy's Christof Innerhofer third.
- » The Municipality of Burgas is Working on the Rescue of Local Football
- » Dimitar Berbatov will Join a Former Teammate and Coach in India
- » Successful Start For Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in Cincinnati Masters Tennis Tournament
- » Klitchko Revealed why he Gave up Boxing
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Received a Ban for Five Matches
- » Dimitar Dimitorv "Hero" was Appointed as the New Manager of Ludogorets
LOL - Is that how they judge success in Bulgaria? If you're number 29 in a tournament you're considered a national hero and on arrival the President will personally greet you at the airport and there will be a parade on the streets.
LOL - I think mediocrity has found its home in this dumpster of a country (that nobody even knows)!