Mihaylov Reelected as Bulgarian Football Union President
Bulgarian Football Union president Borislav Mihayov was expectedly reelected at the Union’s congress on Friday.
A total of 461 BFU delegates voted in favor of Mihaylov’s reelection, while 26 voted against. Six of the ballots were declared invalid.
“Thank you for the trust; you have elected me for the third time now. I hope to justify your trust,” Mihaylov said.
The former national team goalkeeper, who was part of Bulgaria's famous 1994 World Cup bronze medal team, assumed the position in 2005, taking over from Ivan Slavkov.
Over the years, Mihaylov was often under fire for the poor performances of the national team, the dismal condition of football stadiums and training bases, as well as controversial refereeing and failure to combat match fixing.
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Equalises Score in Roland Garros 1/8 Final Against Radwanska
- » Bulgarian Makes 4133 Sit-ups in Attempt to Break Guinness Record
- » Rain Suspends Roland Garros 1/8 Final Between Pironkova, Radwanska
- » Bulgaria Wins Two Gold Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Her First 1/8 Final at Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros