Key Bulgarian Opposition MP Surprisingly Quits Parliament
Bulgarian opposition lawmaker Vladislav Goranov surprisingly resigned as an MP on Friday.
Goranov, a key official of the center-right GERB party and former Deputy Finance Minister, cited “personal reasons” for his decision.
“We are surprised by Goranov’s move, we did not know about it,” GERB parliamentary group secretary Tsveta Karayancheva has told reporters.
Goranov’s seat in Parliament is now expected to be taken by GERB’s Zoran Rangelov, an IT expert.
- » Bulgaria’s Tax Agency to Extend Media Sector Inspections to Online Editions
- » Bulgarian Tax Authorities Inspecting Print Media
- » Bulgaria's 6th Largest Parliament Group Dissolved
- » Rejection of Referendum Questions 'Blow to Half Million Citizens' - Bulgarian President
- » Bill on Establishing Single Anti-Corruption Unit in Bulgaria Fails to Pass 1st Reading
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Anticorruption Law at First Reading