Key Bulgarian Opposition MP Surprisingly Quits Parliament
Bulgarian opposition lawmaker Vladislav Goranov surprisingly resigned as an MP on Friday.
Goranov, a key official of the center-right GERB party and former Deputy Finance Minister, cited “personal reasons” for his decision.
“We are surprised by Goranov’s move, we did not know about it,” GERB parliamentary group secretary Tsveta Karayancheva has told reporters.
Goranov’s seat in Parliament is now expected to be taken by GERB’s Zoran Rangelov, an IT expert.
- » Bulgaria is Starting to Emerge from 2-year Political Chaos – Right-Wing Leader
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News
- » Bulgaria Gov't Seeks to Reinstate Rumen Porozhanov as Agriculture Fund Head
- » Court Re-appoints ex-Head of Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund
- » Bulgarian Police Cars to Be Equipped with GPS by end-2014 - IntMin
- » ABV 'Provides for Stability' of Bulgaria's Govt - Leader