Key Bulgarian Opposition MP Surprisingly Quits Parliament
Bulgarian opposition lawmaker Vladislav Goranov surprisingly resigned as an MP on Friday.
Goranov, a key official of the center-right GERB party and former Deputy Finance Minister, cited “personal reasons” for his decision.
“We are surprised by Goranov’s move, we did not know about it,” GERB parliamentary group secretary Tsveta Karayancheva has told reporters.
Goranov’s seat in Parliament is now expected to be taken by GERB’s Zoran Rangelov, an IT expert.
- » Regional Minister Expects No More Delays to Launch of Maritsa Motorway
- » Bulgaria's Nedelino Has New Mayor as Court Removes Former Holder
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Ministry Files BGN 180 000 Lawsuit against Concessionaire of Bansko Ski Zone
- » Bulgaria’s President Backs Judicial Reform through Constitutional Changes
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Try to Appeal New Debt of BGN 16 B at Constitutional Court
- » Increased Consumption of Cigarettes and Alcohol in Bulgaria