Key Bulgarian Opposition MP Surprisingly Quits Parliament
Bulgarian opposition lawmaker Vladislav Goranov surprisingly resigned as an MP on Friday.
Goranov, a key official of the center-right GERB party and former Deputy Finance Minister, cited “personal reasons” for his decision.
“We are surprised by Goranov’s move, we did not know about it,” GERB parliamentary group secretary Tsveta Karayancheva has told reporters.
Goranov’s seat in Parliament is now expected to be taken by GERB’s Zoran Rangelov, an IT expert.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Leader Heads to Moscow for Ruling Party Congress
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Calls for EU In/Out Referendum after Brexit
- » Bulgaria's Rivaling Socialist Parties to Attend United Russia Congress
- » Increase of Teachers' Salaries Can be Discussed in Autumn – Bulgarian PM
- » Bulgaria Moves to Punish Preaching of Radical Islam by Imprisonment
- » Bulgaria's Socialist Opposition Demands Resignation of Interior Minister