Key Bulgarian Opposition MP Surprisingly Quits Parliament
Bulgarian opposition lawmaker Vladislav Goranov surprisingly resigned as an MP on Friday.
Goranov, a key official of the center-right GERB party and former Deputy Finance Minister, cited “personal reasons” for his decision.
“We are surprised by Goranov’s move, we did not know about it,” GERB parliamentary group secretary Tsveta Karayancheva has told reporters.
Goranov’s seat in Parliament is now expected to be taken by GERB’s Zoran Rangelov, an IT expert.
- » New Europe: EU Sees Transport Investment Opportunities in Bulgaria
- » GERB's Borisov To Sue BSP's Ninova
- » Alpha Research: 2.6 % Lead for GERB Over BSP
- » President Rumen Radev Expressed His Condolences to Queen Elizabeth II
- » 28 Migrants Found in Burning Truck in Bulgaria
- » AFIS: Turkey Issue Causes Significant Electoral Shifts in Bulgaria