Bulgaria's NSI Reports 0.3% Annual Inflation in Jan 2014
According to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute preliminary data, the consumer price index in January 2014 was 99.8%, compared to the previous month.
The annual inflation in January 2014, compared to January 2013 was 2.2%. The annual average inflation, measured by CPI, in February 2013-January 2014, compared to the previous 12 months, was 0.3%.
In January 2014 compared to the previous month the prices of goods and services in the main consumer groups have changed as follows: food and non-alcoholic beverages reported an increase of 0.9%.
Housing (rentals, maintenance and repair), water, electricity, gas and other fuels decreased by 1.2%. In the communications sector the prices remained at the same level as in the previous month.
According to NSI's preliminary data, the harmonized index of consumer prices (HICP), which is the comparable measure of inflation across EU member states, was 99.8% in January 2014 compared to the previous month.
The annual inflation in January 2014 compared to January 2013 was 1.3%. The annual average inflation, measured by HICP, in February 2013 - January 2014 was 0.1%.
- » EUR 12.3 M Gas Transmission Pipeline Opens in NE Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Registers Negative Balance of Trade with EU in January-July
- » Turkish Arkomat to Open Second Wire Harness Production Plant in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian FinMin Foresees More Spending on Defence, Education in 2016 Budget
- » 'Bulgaria's Oligarchs Are the Politicians,' KTB Owner Vasilev Says
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says