Bulgaria's NSI Reports 0.3% Annual Inflation in Jan 2014
According to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute preliminary data, the consumer price index in January 2014 was 99.8%, compared to the previous month.
The annual inflation in January 2014, compared to January 2013 was 2.2%. The annual average inflation, measured by CPI, in February 2013-January 2014, compared to the previous 12 months, was 0.3%.
In January 2014 compared to the previous month the prices of goods and services in the main consumer groups have changed as follows: food and non-alcoholic beverages reported an increase of 0.9%.
Housing (rentals, maintenance and repair), water, electricity, gas and other fuels decreased by 1.2%. In the communications sector the prices remained at the same level as in the previous month.
According to NSI's preliminary data, the harmonized index of consumer prices (HICP), which is the comparable measure of inflation across EU member states, was 99.8% in January 2014 compared to the previous month.
The annual inflation in January 2014 compared to January 2013 was 1.3%. The annual average inflation, measured by HICP, in February 2013 - January 2014 was 0.1%.
- » Cost Effectiveness, Talented Crews Draw Film Makers to Bulgaria’s NuBoyana Studios, CEO Tells Xinhua
- » Repair Works on Bulgaria's Hemus, Trakia Motorways Resume
- » 8000-Year-Old Neolithic Settlement to Become New Tourist Attraction of Sofia
- » World Bank's IFC Grants Kaufland EUR 80 M for Bulgaria Expansion
- » Bulgaria's Economy Minister: Inspections at Petrol Stations Will Continue
- » World Bank to Help Bulgaria Absorb EU Funding