Bulgarian Govt Once Again Hints of New National Stadium
Bulgarian Sports Minister Mariana Georgieva said Friday that the government would back the construction of a new national stadium.
“The state has not forgotten about its commitment concerning a new national stadium. I hope the planning would be completed by the end of 2014,” Georgieva said at a Bulgarian Football Union congress meeting.
Plans for the construction of a new national stadium have resurfaced in Bulgaria last year, as the country said it would bid to host at least two Euro 2020 games.
In October 2013, a German sport facility construction company said it planned to invest EUR 40M for a new stadium in Sofia.
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings
- » Bulgaria’s Asenova Becomes European Boxing Champion