Bulgarian Govt Once Again Hints of New National Stadium
Bulgarian Sports Minister Mariana Georgieva said Friday that the government would back the construction of a new national stadium.
“The state has not forgotten about its commitment concerning a new national stadium. I hope the planning would be completed by the end of 2014,” Georgieva said at a Bulgarian Football Union congress meeting.
Plans for the construction of a new national stadium have resurfaced in Bulgaria last year, as the country said it would bid to host at least two Euro 2020 games.
In October 2013, a German sport facility construction company said it planned to invest EUR 40M for a new stadium in Sofia.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris