Bulgarian Govt Once Again Hints of New National Stadium
Bulgarian Sports Minister Mariana Georgieva said Friday that the government would back the construction of a new national stadium.
“The state has not forgotten about its commitment concerning a new national stadium. I hope the planning would be completed by the end of 2014,” Georgieva said at a Bulgarian Football Union congress meeting.
Plans for the construction of a new national stadium have resurfaced in Bulgaria last year, as the country said it would bid to host at least two Euro 2020 games.
In October 2013, a German sport facility construction company said it planned to invest EUR 40M for a new stadium in Sofia.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat, Ousted at Opening of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Beats Former No.1 at Opening of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Sofia Appeals Revocation of Licence
- » Bulgaria Scores Gold, Silver Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Tashkent
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers