Bulgarian Govt Once Again Hints of New National Stadium
Bulgarian Sports Minister Mariana Georgieva said Friday that the government would back the construction of a new national stadium.
“The state has not forgotten about its commitment concerning a new national stadium. I hope the planning would be completed by the end of 2014,” Georgieva said at a Bulgarian Football Union congress meeting.
Plans for the construction of a new national stadium have resurfaced in Bulgaria last year, as the country said it would bid to host at least two Euro 2020 games.
In October 2013, a German sport facility construction company said it planned to invest EUR 40M for a new stadium in Sofia.
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday
- » Poll Names Bulgaria's Dimitrov 'Most Overrated Tennis Player'