Record Number of Weddings in Sofia on Valentine's Day
A record number of weddings (44) will be held in Sofia's Rituals' Home on Friday, Valentine's Day.
Compared with 2013, there are nearly 3 times more weddings on Valentine's Day; in 2013 they 17 weddings took place.
In addition to the celebration of love, the large number of marriages is attributed to two other factors - Valentine's Day falls on a Friday, which is one of the traditional days in the week for weddings.
The coincidence of the numbers in the date 14.02.2014, the so-called mirror date, has also influenced the choice of couples, according to the news agency BGNES.
- » Bulgarian Govt to Allocate BGN 16M for Natural Disaster Recovery
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » Fatal Elevator Collapse in Sofia Attributed to Poor-Quality Repairs
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Interim FM Warns of Risk of Refugee Influx Due to Conflict in Iraq
- » Bulgaria 9th by Civil Society Development Out of 29 CEE Countries