Record Number of Weddings in Sofia on Valentine's Day
A record number of weddings (44) will be held in Sofia's Rituals' Home on Friday, Valentine's Day.
Compared with 2013, there are nearly 3 times more weddings on Valentine's Day; in 2013 they 17 weddings took place.
In addition to the celebration of love, the large number of marriages is attributed to two other factors - Valentine's Day falls on a Friday, which is one of the traditional days in the week for weddings.
The coincidence of the numbers in the date 14.02.2014, the so-called mirror date, has also influenced the choice of couples, according to the news agency BGNES.
- » Bugaria Says Last Goodbye to Journalist Dimitar Tsonev
- » Death Toll in Italy Quake Rises to 267
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol
- » Death Toll in Italian Earthquake Rises to 247
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Fire on One of Plovdiv's Historic Hills