Bulgarian Torrent Site Among 'Most Notorious Pirate Websites'
The popular Bulgarian torrent site Zamunda.Net is among the world’s 23 most “notorious” pirate websites, the US government says.
According to the 2013 Out-of-Cycle Review of Notorious Markets, published on Wednesday, 10 of the notorious pirate sites are hosted in EU countries, while another five are hosted in Russia and Ukraine.
The list is compiled by the Office of the United States Trade Department Representative and lists websites which “undermine critical US comparative advantages in innovation and creativity to the detriment of American workers” due to their “global … scale and popularity.”
The EU list includes: baixedetudo.net (Sweden), darkwarez.pl (Poland), mp3skull.com (UK), putlocker.com (UK), rapidshare.com (Czech Republic), seriesyonkis.com (Spain), thepiratebay.se (Sweden), uploaded.net (Netherlands), wawa-mania.ec (France) and zamunda.net (Bulgaria).Another one, torrentz.eu, is said to be hosted in Canada or Finland, while rapidgator.net, is said to have moved from the UK to Russia. Russia is also reported as the home of rutracker.org and vkontakte.com. Ukraine is named for ex.ua and extratorrent.cc.
The rest are either in Antigua and Barbuda, Canada, China, or Vietnam.
The sites mainly distribute movies, TV shows, music, books, and video games, many of which originate in the US.
- » The Population of the Czech Republic Grew Because of the Bulgarians and the Romanians
- » Scientists Found Microorganisms in Antarctica that were Thought to be Unable to Live on Earth
- » Sting will Sing Twice in Plovdiv Next Year
- » Disney Deal Set to Value Fox at More than $75 billion
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather with Maximum Temperatures of 10-15°C
- » Drunk Drivers have Caused 1491 Crashes in 2017