Bulgarian Football Union President Set for Reelection
The Bulgarian Football Union’s controversial president Borislav Mihaylov is expected to be reelected on Friday, as the Union is set to hold its congress.
The deadline for submitting candidacies to the BFU was January 29th, and Mihaylov was the only one to do so.
The former national team goalkeeper, who was part of Bulgaria's famous 1994 World Cup bronze medal team, assumed the President's position in 2005, taking over from Ivan Slavkov.
Over the years, Mihaylov was often under fire for the poor performances of the national team, the dismal condition of football stadiums and training bases, as well as controversial refereeing and failure to combat match fixing.
- » Special Olympics Athletes Back From Austria with 9 Medals
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic