Record Number of Participants in Bulgaria's European Alpine Ski Cup
A record number of 17 countries have confirmed their participation in the forthcoming European Alpine Ski Cup in Bulgaria's ski resort Borovets on 15-16 February.
Switzerland will be represented by 15 skiers among whom are the two top slalom racers Daniel Yule and Lucca Aerni. Austria and France have confirmed the participation of 14 and 12 athletes, respectively. Among them are the World Cup alpine ski racer from Austria Marcel Mathis, and French alpine ski champion Cyprien Richard.
Bulgaria will participate with five alpine skiers, among whom the experienced athlete Stefan Prisadov and the young talents Georgi Nushev, Albert Popov, Kamen Zlatkov and Yoan Todorov.
The other countries that will compete in Borovets are Germany, Greece, UK, Croatia, USA, Finland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Sweden, Latvia.
The starts in Borovets will be in giant slalom and slalom for men respectively on 15 and 16 February. The leading skiers will compete on the legendary ski slope "Yastrebetz 2" which was renamed after the best Bulgarian skier Petar Popangelov.
The 5 time winner of the World Cup Marc Girardelli has accepted the invitation of the organizers to be a guest at the sports event.
- » Bulgaria's Oldest Football Derby Celebrates Centenary
- » Stoichkov Donates Ballon d'Or, Golden Shoe Replicas to CSKA Sofia Museum
- » Bulgaria's CSKA, Levski Have Last Chance to Repay Debts, Secure Licences
- » John Isner Beats Grigor Dimitrov 7-6 6-2 in Miami Masters
- » Bulgarian Declared Best Libero as Zenit Wins Volleyball Champions League
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds With Ease to Third Round in Miami