Record Number of Participants in Bulgaria's European Alpine Ski Cup
A record number of 17 countries have confirmed their participation in the forthcoming European Alpine Ski Cup in Bulgaria's ski resort Borovets on 15-16 February.
Switzerland will be represented by 15 skiers among whom are the two top slalom racers Daniel Yule and Lucca Aerni. Austria and France have confirmed the participation of 14 and 12 athletes, respectively. Among them are the World Cup alpine ski racer from Austria Marcel Mathis, and French alpine ski champion Cyprien Richard.
Bulgaria will participate with five alpine skiers, among whom the experienced athlete Stefan Prisadov and the young talents Georgi Nushev, Albert Popov, Kamen Zlatkov and Yoan Todorov.
The other countries that will compete in Borovets are Germany, Greece, UK, Croatia, USA, Finland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Slovenia, Sweden, Latvia.
The starts in Borovets will be in giant slalom and slalom for men respectively on 15 and 16 February. The leading skiers will compete on the legendary ski slope "Yastrebetz 2" which was renamed after the best Bulgarian skier Petar Popangelov.
The 5 time winner of the World Cup Marc Girardelli has accepted the invitation of the organizers to be a guest at the sports event.
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov to Face Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam