The Reconstruction of Luvov Most in Sofia Starts Saturday
The reconstruction of the Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge) intersection in Sofia, Bulgaria, starts Saturday and will end in October.
According to Sofia's deputy mayor on transport Liubomir Hristov the project, which initially stirred public outcry, has been coordinated and discussed with architects, NGOs and members of the public.
The approved plan for one of Sofia's busiest intersections includes a roundabout at the level of Maria Luiza boulevard and a lower grade extension of Slivnitsa boulevard.
The bridge, which is one of Sofia's landmarks will be restored in its original appearance and will be used for pedestrian and bicycle traffic and trams. The total cost of the project is BGN 22 M.
- » Parliament Ratifies EUR 200M Loan Agreement with GERB
- » Parliament Established a Temporary Committe Due to the Case with the National Palace of Culture
- » 8 Business Associations in Bulgaria Have Joined in Signing a Position Statement on the Judicial Reform
- » Bulgaria's Coalition Government to Table Amendments to Speed up the Process of Granting Citizenship
- » Ad-Hoc Committee to Examine the Procedure For New Type Fighter Jet Aircraft
- » Bulgarian Council of Ministers Approves Draft Agreement on Labour Migration with Armenia, Moldova and Ukraine