The Reconstruction of Luvov Most in Sofia Starts Saturday
The reconstruction of the Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge) intersection in Sofia, Bulgaria, starts Saturday and will end in October.
According to Sofia's deputy mayor on transport Liubomir Hristov the project, which initially stirred public outcry, has been coordinated and discussed with architects, NGOs and members of the public.
The approved plan for one of Sofia's busiest intersections includes a roundabout at the level of Maria Luiza boulevard and a lower grade extension of Slivnitsa boulevard.
The bridge, which is one of Sofia's landmarks will be restored in its original appearance and will be used for pedestrian and bicycle traffic and trams. The total cost of the project is BGN 22 M.
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry to Stage New Protests
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister
- » Bulgaria Raises Retirement Age as Part of Pension Reform
- » Bulgaria Sets Up Animal Police Service