The Reconstruction of Luvov Most in Sofia Starts Saturday
The reconstruction of the Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge) intersection in Sofia, Bulgaria, starts Saturday and will end in October.
According to Sofia's deputy mayor on transport Liubomir Hristov the project, which initially stirred public outcry, has been coordinated and discussed with architects, NGOs and members of the public.
The approved plan for one of Sofia's busiest intersections includes a roundabout at the level of Maria Luiza boulevard and a lower grade extension of Slivnitsa boulevard.
The bridge, which is one of Sofia's landmarks will be restored in its original appearance and will be used for pedestrian and bicycle traffic and trams. The total cost of the project is BGN 22 M.
- » Bulgarian PM Slightly Lifts Veil On GERB’s Presidential Candidate
- » For First Time Woman Will Head Bulgaria's Penitentiary System
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Also Bans Wearing of Face-Covering Veils in Public Places
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Provision Allowing Simultaneous Holding of Referendums, Elections
- » Electoral Code: Bulgaria Eases Restrictions on Polling Stations Abroad
- » Bulgaria to Test Online Voting in 2018