The Reconstruction of Luvov Most in Sofia Starts Saturday
The reconstruction of the Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge) intersection in Sofia, Bulgaria, starts Saturday and will end in October.
According to Sofia's deputy mayor on transport Liubomir Hristov the project, which initially stirred public outcry, has been coordinated and discussed with architects, NGOs and members of the public.
The approved plan for one of Sofia's busiest intersections includes a roundabout at the level of Maria Luiza boulevard and a lower grade extension of Slivnitsa boulevard.
The bridge, which is one of Sofia's landmarks will be restored in its original appearance and will be used for pedestrian and bicycle traffic and trams. The total cost of the project is BGN 22 M.
- » "I Do Not Support Anyone" Votes To Be Valid in Presidential Elections Outcome
- » Case Against Ukrainian Logvinenko for Attempted Murder of Petrov Returned to Prosecutor's Office
- » Bulgarian MPs: Voting Sections Abroad To Have One Urn Only
- » Bulgaria's President Denies Being Backed by Economic Circle
- » Europhilia Doesn't Mean Russophobia - Bulgaria's Opposition Presidential Candidate
- » 45 Illegal Migrants Detained on Hemus Highway