The Reconstruction of Luvov Most in Sofia Starts Saturday
The reconstruction of the Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge) intersection in Sofia, Bulgaria, starts Saturday and will end in October.
According to Sofia's deputy mayor on transport Liubomir Hristov the project, which initially stirred public outcry, has been coordinated and discussed with architects, NGOs and members of the public.
The approved plan for one of Sofia's busiest intersections includes a roundabout at the level of Maria Luiza boulevard and a lower grade extension of Slivnitsa boulevard.
The bridge, which is one of Sofia's landmarks will be restored in its original appearance and will be used for pedestrian and bicycle traffic and trams. The total cost of the project is BGN 22 M.
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act
- » Georgi Cholakov is the New Chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body