Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Bows Out of Rotterdam Tourney
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov lost to Latvia's Ernests Gulbis 4:6, 6:7 in the second round of the ABN AMRO Tournament in Rotterdam.
Gulbis served very strongly and did not allow his opponent any break points in the first set.
Leading 2:1 in the second set, Dimitrov had 3 consecutive break points, but the Latvian once again fired out some powerful serves and saved his game. At 5:4, Dimitrov reached 2 set balls, but was not able to convert them.
Perhaps slightly disturbed by his missed opportunities, the Bulgarian was not up to the challenge in the deciding tie break, losing it 3-7.
Dimitrov reached the semifinal of this competition last year, which means he was not able to defend his points for the rank list. This may result in a slight drop when the new ranking comes out on Monday.
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
- » Bulgarian Stoichkov Enters Daily Mail ‘Top 100 World Cup Heroes’
- » Bulgarian Balakov in Pole Position to Take Over Stuttgart