Bulgarian President Launches Month of Political Consultations
Bulgarian Head of State, Rosen Plevneliev, is launching Thursday the month of political consultations with the parties represented in the Parliament.
The President will meet with leaders of the nationalist Ataka, the liberal, predominantly ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), the latter's ruling partner, the left-wing Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and with the formerly-ruling opposition centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgarian party (GERB).
The consultations will focus on the priorities of parliamentary represented parties in 2014.
At the meetings, Plevneliev will seek consensus on a wide range of important social issues, including income, economic growth, the justice system, energy, infrastructure, education, and health among others.
The month of political consultations begins with a meeting with Ataka on Thursday, starting at 10:30 am in the presidential office.
- » Gov't Grants BGN 28 M to Municipalities with Assets in KTB
- » Turkey’s Chief Prosecutor to Arrive in Bulgaria on 3-Day Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Suspends Investment Program of Socialist-Led Cabinet
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Allocates BGN 8М for Sofia Metro Line Extension
- » Director of Bulgaria's Air Traffic Services Authority Replaced Overnight
- » Bulgaria's Govt to Vote on Allocating BGN 26.5 M to Flood-Hit Areas