Bulgarian Universities Granted BGN 21 M More in State Subsidy
Bulgarian colleges and universities will receive an additional state subsidy of BGN 21.5 M, according to Education Minister, Aneliya Klisarova.
The decree has been approved at the meeting of the Council of Ministers Wednesday.
The portion of the subsidy for each of a total of 33 schools will be bound with the quality of education it provides, according to Klisarova.
Sofia University will get BGN 3.2 M, the Medical University and the Technical University in Sofia – BGN 3 M each, the University for Architecture, Construction and Urban Planning – BGN 1.35 M, the Sports Academy and the University for National and World Economy – over BGN 0.5 M each.
The government has further approved and issued BGN 40 M in state guarantees for student loans, which are currently granted by 4 banks, while the interest rate will not exceed 7%, Klisarova said.
- » Bulgarian Students Win 3 Medals at Int'l Informatics Olympiad
- » Bulgarian Govt to Raise Teachers’ Minimum Salaries
- » Bulgarian Teachers Join EU Petition for Education Funding
- » Bulgarian, Swiss Researchers Cooperate on 13Projects Worth over CHF 4M
- » Personal Numbers of Bulgarian Students to Help Reduce Dropout Rate
- » Bulgaria's GERB Party Asks Education Minister to Resign