Bulgarian MEP: Macedonia Derides Bulgaria's Culture and History
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia continues to deride Bulgaria's culture and history, said Bulgaria's MEP Andrey Kovachev on his website.
His comment was prompted by the information that the Macedonian Film Fund is sponsoring with half a million euro a film on the last king of the First Bulgarian Kingdom, Samuil.
"Judging by the available information, Macedonia would once again attempt a gross historical manipulation and will try to suggest that Tsar Samuil is a "Macedonian" king, in line with the current stance on Skopje", Kovachev wrote.
"Without denying the artistic freedom of the director Antonio Mitrikevski, his media statements disclose his real intentions, which have nothing to do neither with art, nor with history."
According to Kovachev, the replacement of established historical facts with artistic fiction was "outright propaganda, sponsored with taxpayers' money"."Placing made-up statements in Samuil's mouth, such as "I am king of the Holy Macedonian kingdom" is a cheap pathetic lie."
- » The UAE has Appointed the World's First Minister of Artificial Intelligence
- » The Municipality of Plovdiv will Make a New Large Park
- » The Ruling Coalition in Argentina Won the Parliamentary Elections
- » Citizens Unhappy with New Anti-parking Poles in the Tunnel of the National Palace of Culture
- » Eurosceptic Party of Billionaire Babis Wins Elections in the Czech Republic
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will be on a Two-Day Visit to France