Bosnia PM Calls for Early Elections amid Massive Protests
Bosnian PM Nermin Niksic has proposed the holding of snap elections as a result of massive anti-corruption protests that have gripped the country.
At present, Bosnia and Herzegovina's constitution does not allow for the holding of early elections.
Wednesday the PM of the Bosnian-Croatian federation within the larger Bosnia and Herzegovina confederative entity tabled to parliament a motion for legislative amendments that will make snap elections possible.
Tuesday thousands of people gathered again across the country in protest against economic stagnation, unemployment and a perceived massive corruption among political elites.
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years
- » EU Parliament Approves Union's Budget for 2015
- » Bulgarian, British PMs to Meet During EU Council Summit