Bosnia PM Calls for Early Elections amid Massive Protests
Bosnian PM Nermin Niksic has proposed the holding of snap elections as a result of massive anti-corruption protests that have gripped the country.
At present, Bosnia and Herzegovina's constitution does not allow for the holding of early elections.
Wednesday the PM of the Bosnian-Croatian federation within the larger Bosnia and Herzegovina confederative entity tabled to parliament a motion for legislative amendments that will make snap elections possible.
Tuesday thousands of people gathered again across the country in protest against economic stagnation, unemployment and a perceived massive corruption among political elites.
- » Four Confirmed Dead, One Missing after Macedonia Floods
- » US President Unveils Clean Power Plan to Beat Climate Change
- » 5 People Killed in Floods in Macedonia - Report
- » Romania’s Petrotel Lukoil Refinery Indicted for Money Laundering
- » Ukraine President Hints Putin Could Attack Bulgaria, Romania
- » Croatia’s Foreign Minister Vesna Pusic Confirms She Will Run for UN Chief