Bosnia PM Calls for Early Elections amid Massive Protests
Bosnian PM Nermin Niksic has proposed the holding of snap elections as a result of massive anti-corruption protests that have gripped the country.
At present, Bosnia and Herzegovina's constitution does not allow for the holding of early elections.
Wednesday the PM of the Bosnian-Croatian federation within the larger Bosnia and Herzegovina confederative entity tabled to parliament a motion for legislative amendments that will make snap elections possible.
Tuesday thousands of people gathered again across the country in protest against economic stagnation, unemployment and a perceived massive corruption among political elites.
- » 'Clear' That UK Bomber Was Part of a Network
- » UK Police: 23-Year-Old Man Arrested Over Manchester Attack
- » Manchester Arena explosion: Children Among 22 Killed by Suicide Bomber After Ariana Grande Concert
- » Ariana Grande Concert: Deaths After Reported Blast
- » Erdogan Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party
- » Theresa May: 'No time to Waste' as Brexit Talks Will Start Just 11 Days After the Election'