Bosnia PM Calls for Early Elections amid Massive Protests
Bosnian PM Nermin Niksic has proposed the holding of snap elections as a result of massive anti-corruption protests that have gripped the country.
At present, Bosnia and Herzegovina's constitution does not allow for the holding of early elections.
Wednesday the PM of the Bosnian-Croatian federation within the larger Bosnia and Herzegovina confederative entity tabled to parliament a motion for legislative amendments that will make snap elections possible.
Tuesday thousands of people gathered again across the country in protest against economic stagnation, unemployment and a perceived massive corruption among political elites.
- » Slovakia Calls Emergency EU Meeting After Walloon Support for CETA
- » Turkey's Military Operation in Syria To Concentrate on Raqqa
- » Think-Tank Distances Itself from Investigation into EU's Georgieva
- » Belgium Agrees to EU-Canada Trade Deal
- » No Reports of Injured Bulgarians in Italy Quakes - Ambassador
- » Greek Money 'Boosts Bulgarian, Romanian Banks'