Bosnia PM Calls for Early Elections amid Massive Protests
Bosnian PM Nermin Niksic has proposed the holding of snap elections as a result of massive anti-corruption protests that have gripped the country.
At present, Bosnia and Herzegovina's constitution does not allow for the holding of early elections.
Wednesday the PM of the Bosnian-Croatian federation within the larger Bosnia and Herzegovina confederative entity tabled to parliament a motion for legislative amendments that will make snap elections possible.
Tuesday thousands of people gathered again across the country in protest against economic stagnation, unemployment and a perceived massive corruption among political elites.
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality
- » Georgia Attracts Tourists with Legal Marijuana
- » These are the Last Places on Earth Without Internet
- » Norway Decriminalized Drugs