Olympic Men’s Ice Hockey Starts in Sochi
One of the most awaited competitions at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, the men's ice hockey, gets under way on Wednesday.
The opening matches will be from group C, where Sweden will face the Czech Republic and Latvia will play Switzerland. Both games are from 7 PM EET. The hosts Russia will go on the ice on Thursday to face Slovenia.
Twelve teams will battle for the gold medal, with Russia and Canada (winners of 2010 Olympics) the main favorites. The Russians will be looking to end a 22 year wait for gold in the Winter Games.
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship