Bulgaria Drops to 100th in Press Freedom Index
Bulgaria has dropped 13 places and is now 100th in the World Press Freedom Index of Reporters Without Borders.
"Although closely challenged by Greece, Bulgaria retains the status of lowest ranked European Union country after a trying year marked by five months of major protests and political tension", the report notes.
"Reporters were repeatedly the victims of police violence during these demonstrations calling for the government's resignation. Independent journalists, especially investigative reporters, are meanwhile exposed to harassment that can take the form of arson attacks on their cars", the report adds.
Finland, the Netherlands, and Norway retain their top 3 positions.
- » EP to Hold Hearing of Bulgarian Commission Designate on June 20
- » Sofia Welcomes Agreement About European Public Prosecutor's Office
- » Bulgaria Wants to be Free of EU Monitoring by End of 2018
- » A Bulgaria to Update Budget of its EU Council Presidency
- » Minister Liliyana Pavlova: 'Europe Will Exist, it is Important in What Format'
- » Bulgaria is on its Way to the Eurozone