Bulgaria Drops to 100th in Press Freedom Index
Bulgaria has dropped 13 places and is now 100th in the World Press Freedom Index of Reporters Without Borders.
"Although closely challenged by Greece, Bulgaria retains the status of lowest ranked European Union country after a trying year marked by five months of major protests and political tension", the report notes.
"Reporters were repeatedly the victims of police violence during these demonstrations calling for the government's resignation. Independent journalists, especially investigative reporters, are meanwhile exposed to harassment that can take the form of arson attacks on their cars", the report adds.
Finland, the Netherlands, and Norway retain their top 3 positions.
- » A Bulgarian Horo is Going to Take Place For the 5th Time on Brussels’ Central Square
- » Iliana Iotova: ‘We All Need to Unite For Successful EU Presidency
- » Deputy PM Denitsa Zlateva: Caretaker Government Set the Preparations For EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria Starts to Implement New System For Organic Products’s Certification
- » Vera Jourova: EC Has Not Promised to Lift Monitoring on Bulgaria in 2019
- » EC Criticizes Bulgaria Over Accepting Few Immigrants