Bulgaria Drops to 100th in Press Freedom Index
Bulgaria has dropped 13 places and is now 100th in the World Press Freedom Index of Reporters Without Borders.
"Although closely challenged by Greece, Bulgaria retains the status of lowest ranked European Union country after a trying year marked by five months of major protests and political tension", the report notes.
"Reporters were repeatedly the victims of police violence during these demonstrations calling for the government's resignation. Independent journalists, especially investigative reporters, are meanwhile exposed to harassment that can take the form of arson attacks on their cars", the report adds.
Finland, the Netherlands, and Norway retain their top 3 positions.
- » Bulgaria Sends Firearms, Ammo to Iraqi Government
- » Bulgaria’s President Calls for Fair Distribution of Immigration Burden in EU
- » EU Offers Further EUR165 M in Aid to Farmers Hit by Russian Sanctions
- » Bulgarian Attar Of Roses Gets EU Protection Of Geographical Indication
- » EC Urges Bulgaria to Amend Water Legislation
- » EBA Investigates Possible Breach Of EU Law In Bulgaria