Bulgaria Drops to 100th in Press Freedom Index
Bulgaria has dropped 13 places and is now 100th in the World Press Freedom Index of Reporters Without Borders.
"Although closely challenged by Greece, Bulgaria retains the status of lowest ranked European Union country after a trying year marked by five months of major protests and political tension", the report notes.
"Reporters were repeatedly the victims of police violence during these demonstrations calling for the government's resignation. Independent journalists, especially investigative reporters, are meanwhile exposed to harassment that can take the form of arson attacks on their cars", the report adds.
Finland, the Netherlands, and Norway retain their top 3 positions.
- » Bulgaria's PM Backs Sanctions Against Russia Due To Moscow's Actions in Syria
- » Bulgaria President Backs CETA Deal with Canada
- » Over 50% of Bulgarian Youths Live in Inferior Living Conditions
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers to Debate Govt Draft Stance on EU-Canada Deal
- » EU Audit Office: Bulgaria With Perfect Record in 2015 Cohesion Policy Projects
- » Bulgaria's PM 'Tables Renewed Eurozone, Schengen Talks' to Juncker