Bulgarian Dimitrov Opens With Feisty Win in Rotterdam
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov beat Russian Dmitry Tursunov 6:2, 1:6, 6:4 in the first round of the ABN AMRO Tournament in Rotterdam.
After falling behind 0:2 in the opening set, Dimitrov went on to win 6 straight games, taking the lead comfortably. The second set was a mirrored the first, only this time it was the experienced Russian winning it, 6:1.
In the decider, Tursunov started the better of the two by taking an early break of his opponent’s serve. The young Bulgarian pulled back and equalized quickly.
After exchanging several service games, during which the quality of play was at the highest level of the match, came the moment for Tursunov to serve at 4:5. On three occasions he managed to save a match point, but at the end fell to the precise passing shots of Dimitrov.
In the 2nd round, Dimitrov will face Latvian Ernests Gulbis, who is ranked 24th in the world.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Pablo Cuevas, Faces Andy Murray
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal