Bulgarian Dimitrov Opens With Feisty Win in Rotterdam
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov beat Russian Dmitry Tursunov 6:2, 1:6, 6:4 in the first round of the ABN AMRO Tournament in Rotterdam.
After falling behind 0:2 in the opening set, Dimitrov went on to win 6 straight games, taking the lead comfortably. The second set was a mirrored the first, only this time it was the experienced Russian winning it, 6:1.
In the decider, Tursunov started the better of the two by taking an early break of his opponent’s serve. The young Bulgarian pulled back and equalized quickly.
After exchanging several service games, during which the quality of play was at the highest level of the match, came the moment for Tursunov to serve at 4:5. On three occasions he managed to save a match point, but at the end fell to the precise passing shots of Dimitrov.
In the 2nd round, Dimitrov will face Latvian Ernests Gulbis, who is ranked 24th in the world.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles