Bulgarian Dimitrov Opens With Feisty Win in Rotterdam
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov beat Russian Dmitry Tursunov 6:2, 1:6, 6:4 in the first round of the ABN AMRO Tournament in Rotterdam.
After falling behind 0:2 in the opening set, Dimitrov went on to win 6 straight games, taking the lead comfortably. The second set was a mirrored the first, only this time it was the experienced Russian winning it, 6:1.
In the decider, Tursunov started the better of the two by taking an early break of his opponent’s serve. The young Bulgarian pulled back and equalized quickly.
After exchanging several service games, during which the quality of play was at the highest level of the match, came the moment for Tursunov to serve at 4:5. On three occasions he managed to save a match point, but at the end fell to the precise passing shots of Dimitrov.
In the 2nd round, Dimitrov will face Latvian Ernests Gulbis, who is ranked 24th in the world.
- » Samuel Eto'o Confirms Participation in Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium