Bulgarian Dimitrov Opens With Feisty Win in Rotterdam
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov beat Russian Dmitry Tursunov 6:2, 1:6, 6:4 in the first round of the ABN AMRO Tournament in Rotterdam.
After falling behind 0:2 in the opening set, Dimitrov went on to win 6 straight games, taking the lead comfortably. The second set was a mirrored the first, only this time it was the experienced Russian winning it, 6:1.
In the decider, Tursunov started the better of the two by taking an early break of his opponent’s serve. The young Bulgarian pulled back and equalized quickly.
After exchanging several service games, during which the quality of play was at the highest level of the match, came the moment for Tursunov to serve at 4:5. On three occasions he managed to save a match point, but at the end fell to the precise passing shots of Dimitrov.
In the 2nd round, Dimitrov will face Latvian Ernests Gulbis, who is ranked 24th in the world.
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings