Sochi Olympic Rings Gaffe Inspires Symbolic T-Shirts
The Olympic ring malfunction during the opening ceremony of the Sochi Winter Games has inspired online sellers in China to offer t-shirts depicting the glitch.
They are up for sale on Taobao, China's largest online shopping platform.
Shoppers are placing orders for T-shirts, which have a print of four, not five, snowflake rings. The price of the t-shirts range from 20 Yuan (USD 3.27) to 60 Yuan, reports the Xinhua agency.
Keywords "Sochi five rings" generate over 130 results on Taobao. One of the best sellers sold around 250 items in two days.
Meanwhile, producers admitted that Russia's state television doctored the video during the opening ceremony when the fifth Olympic ring failed to transition from its snowflake form. When the malfunction occurred, the TV station cut to footage from rehearsal (when it worked).
Producers said it was "important to preserve the imagery of the Olympic symbols."
- » Voting Of Turks Abroad in Constitutional Referendum Begins
- » Turkish Media on Bulgaria's Snap Elections
- » Trump Hands Merkel USD 375 B Bill
- » Le Pen: EU Will Die, Globalists Will Be Defeated
- » Albania Makes Public State Security Files From Hoxha's Regime
- » Wall Street Journal: Defeated Socialists Force GERB To Adopt Milder Stance on Russia