Hollywood Child Star Shirley Temple Dies at 85
Shirley Temple, the actress, singer, dancer and politician, who came to fame as a child star, died, aged 85.
The family of the actress have confirmed the singer and dancer who began her film career in 1932 at the age of only three, has passed away, Tuesday.
Temple served as a U.S. ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia when she retired from acting.
She sat on the boards of corporations and organizations including The Walt Disney Company, Del Monte Foods, and the National Wildlife Federation.
Shirley Temple is ranked number 18 on the American Film Institute's list of the greatest female American screen legends of all time.
She is survived by three children, one grandchild and two great grand children.
- » Former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt Dies at 96
- » Bulgarian President's Eldest Son Dies Aged 14
- » Omar Sharif Dies Aged 83
- » Former Russian Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Primakov Dies Aged 85
- » Former Turkish President, PM Demirel Dies at 90
- » European Royal Families Attend Memorial Service for Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son