Hollywood Child Star Shirley Temple Dies at 85
Shirley Temple, the actress, singer, dancer and politician, who came to fame as a child star, died, aged 85.
The family of the actress have confirmed the singer and dancer who began her film career in 1932 at the age of only three, has passed away, Tuesday.
Temple served as a U.S. ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia when she retired from acting.
She sat on the boards of corporations and organizations including The Walt Disney Company, Del Monte Foods, and the National Wildlife Federation.
Shirley Temple is ranked number 18 on the American Film Institute's list of the greatest female American screen legends of all time.
She is survived by three children, one grandchild and two great grand children.
- » Bulgaria's Poet Valeri Petrov Dies
- » British Film Director Richard Attenborough Dies at 90
- » Hollywood's Golden Age Actress Lauren Bacall Dies at 89
- » Actor Robin Williams Found Dead, Suicide Suspected
- » Blues Musician Jonny Winter Dies At 70
- » Eduard Shevardnadze, Former President Of Georgia, Dies At 86