Passengers at Sofia Airport Up 6.5% in January
The number of passengers who passed through Sofia Airport in January has increased by 6.5%, year-on-year.
The international flights posted an 8% growth, while the passengers in the domestic flights were by 2,300 people less.
The boost is mainly due to the increased frequency of the flights of certain airlines to and from Sofia.
The number of passengers in the winter chartered flights has decreased by 2,800.
The regular international flights are 77% of the traffic of Sofia Airport.
In January the national flag carrier Bulgaria Air posted an increase of 12% and the international airlines grew by 6% year-on-year.
The freights, processed at the Sofia airport last month also increased by 4%.
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Industry 'Grew 11% Last Year'
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists
- » Ryanair's Sofia Flights Moved to Terminal 2 as of Monday
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Expects 40% Rise in Russian Tourists in 2017
- » Bulgaria Set to Record 8-Million Tourist Mark
- » Burgas Airport to Reopen on Saturday