Passengers at Sofia Airport Up 6.5% in January
The number of passengers who passed through Sofia Airport in January has increased by 6.5%, year-on-year.
The international flights posted an 8% growth, while the passengers in the domestic flights were by 2,300 people less.
The boost is mainly due to the increased frequency of the flights of certain airlines to and from Sofia.
The number of passengers in the winter chartered flights has decreased by 2,800.
The regular international flights are 77% of the traffic of Sofia Airport.
In January the national flag carrier Bulgaria Air posted an increase of 12% and the international airlines grew by 6% year-on-year.
The freights, processed at the Sofia airport last month also increased by 4%.
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians
- » Bulgaria's National Tourism Council Demands Separate Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Among Lonely Planet's Best Travel Destinations 2015
- » Bulgaria's Varna Registers Higher Revenues, Fewer Tourists in Summer 2014
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Sees Growth in Revenue, Number of Visits in 2014
- » Bulgaria's St. Anastasia Island Attracts Over 45,000 Tourists in Summer Months