Passengers at Sofia Airport Up 6.5% in January
The number of passengers who passed through Sofia Airport in January has increased by 6.5%, year-on-year.
The international flights posted an 8% growth, while the passengers in the domestic flights were by 2,300 people less.
The boost is mainly due to the increased frequency of the flights of certain airlines to and from Sofia.
The number of passengers in the winter chartered flights has decreased by 2,800.
The regular international flights are 77% of the traffic of Sofia Airport.
In January the national flag carrier Bulgaria Air posted an increase of 12% and the international airlines grew by 6% year-on-year.
The freights, processed at the Sofia airport last month also increased by 4%.
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Egypt in the Sphere of Tourism
- » Owners of restaurants in Sunny Beach Will Protest
- » Varna’s Sky Restaurant Sees Emergency Landing by NRA Inspectors
- » Bulgarian Minister of Tourism: 'Late Night Police Raids Mar the Image of Bulgarian Sea Resorts
- » Ryanair Calls for Two-Drink Maximum at Airports
- » Checks at Bulgarian Seaside Resorts to Continue