Passengers at Sofia Airport Up 6.5% in January
The number of passengers who passed through Sofia Airport in January has increased by 6.5%, year-on-year.
The international flights posted an 8% growth, while the passengers in the domestic flights were by 2,300 people less.
The boost is mainly due to the increased frequency of the flights of certain airlines to and from Sofia.
The number of passengers in the winter chartered flights has decreased by 2,800.
The regular international flights are 77% of the traffic of Sofia Airport.
In January the national flag carrier Bulgaria Air posted an increase of 12% and the international airlines grew by 6% year-on-year.
The freights, processed at the Sofia airport last month also increased by 4%.
- » Bulgaria Says BSEC Countries Need to Offer Joint Products to Boost Tourist Flow
- » Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast Expects 5-7 % Rise in Tourist Numbers
- » 500 Officials to Conduct Inspections Along Bulgaria's Northern Black Sea Coast
- » Coordination Centre to Ensure Safety of Tourists at Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Minister Gets Balkan Person of Year Prize in Montenegro
- » Air France Cancels Flights on Paris-Sofia Route on Sunday