Severe Floods in UK Disrupt Railways, Warnings Remain
The severe floods in the UK have caused disruption in the railway services, as residents of villages and towns along the River Thames are being evacuated.
Train services in the south-west are suspended, while in other parts, they are running at reduced speeds, the BBC reports.
UK Defense Secretary Philip Hammond has said the government "has got a grip" on the crisis, despite allegations by people in the suffering areas that not enough assistance is being provided.
"The assets that are needed from across the nation have been mobilised into the areas affected. We're dealing with an enormous force of nature here, vast quantities of water and an unprecedented weather pattern", Hammond added.
Severe flood warnings remain in force for several areas along the Thames, west of London, and along the Somerset Levels.
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Sunny and Warm Weather Forecast For Bulgaria Today, Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People