Mass Vehicle Inspections Launched across EU
Mass inspections of trucks and buses are starting Tuesday not only in Bulgaria, but throughout the European Union.
The campaign will last until the end of the week. Vehicles will be checked for illegal transportation of passengers, the existence of compulsory insurance and vignettes.
European statistics show that those killed and injured in accidents involving heavy-duty vehicles outnumber by far victims of other serious incidents. The most common cause of accidents is drivers of heavy vehicles not complying with regulations requiring them to take breaks.
- » Bulgaria's Georgieva Leaves EU Commission to Become World Bank CEO
- » Bulgaria Socialists Distance Themselves from MEPs Backing EU Migration Resolution
- » EU Commission to Change Monitoring on Bulgaria Next Year
- » Sofia Seeks to Headquarter European Medicines Agency
- » European Parliament Increases Financing for Bulgaria in EU Budget 2017
- » Creditors To Be Able To Demand Freezing of Accounts of Creditors Abroad