Mass Vehicle Inspections Launched across EU
Mass inspections of trucks and buses are starting Tuesday not only in Bulgaria, but throughout the European Union.
The campaign will last until the end of the week. Vehicles will be checked for illegal transportation of passengers, the existence of compulsory insurance and vignettes.
European statistics show that those killed and injured in accidents involving heavy-duty vehicles outnumber by far victims of other serious incidents. The most common cause of accidents is drivers of heavy vehicles not complying with regulations requiring them to take breaks.
- » EU Adopts Bulgaria-Serbia Cross-Border Program worth EUR 34 M
- » Bulgaria to Participate in EU Operation on Tackling Human Traffickers in Mediterranean
- » Council of Europe anti-torture Committee Head Condemns Bulgaria’s Failure to Report Police Brutality Cases
- » EU to Allocate EUR 25 M to Bulgaria, Turkey for Cross-Border Cooperation
- » EU Allocates EUR 6.3 M to Bulgaria for Recovery after Severe Winter
- » PM Borisov Highlights Bulgaria’s Contribution to EU Security in Talks with Mogherini