Mass Vehicle Inspections Launched across EU
Mass inspections of trucks and buses are starting Tuesday not only in Bulgaria, but throughout the European Union.
The campaign will last until the end of the week. Vehicles will be checked for illegal transportation of passengers, the existence of compulsory insurance and vignettes.
European statistics show that those killed and injured in accidents involving heavy-duty vehicles outnumber by far victims of other serious incidents. The most common cause of accidents is drivers of heavy vehicles not complying with regulations requiring them to take breaks.
- » Bulgaria to Have 146-km Wire Fence along Border with Turkey in 2 Months
- » Bulgaria 'More Prepared Than Germany' to Tackle Migrant Inflow, FM Says
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Top 5 in EU by Number of Victims of Trafficking in People
- » Four EU Experts to Analyze Bulgaria's Prosecution
- » EC: Bulgaria Needs to Improve Labour Policies, Insolvency Proceedings
- » Bulgaria, Romania 'Could Veto EU-Canada Free Trade Deal'