Mass Vehicle Inspections Launched across EU
Mass inspections of trucks and buses are starting Tuesday not only in Bulgaria, but throughout the European Union.
The campaign will last until the end of the week. Vehicles will be checked for illegal transportation of passengers, the existence of compulsory insurance and vignettes.
European statistics show that those killed and injured in accidents involving heavy-duty vehicles outnumber by far victims of other serious incidents. The most common cause of accidents is drivers of heavy vehicles not complying with regulations requiring them to take breaks.
- » Bulgaria Plans to Initiate EU Discussion to Make Anti-IS Strategy More Efficient
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania Arriving in Britain Nearly Double in Year to March
- » Bulgarian Farmers Invited to Apply for EU Funding of EUR 50 M for New Equipment
- » Serbian Minister Criticizes Bulgaria for Sending Troops to Macedonian Border
- » Bulgaria Detains 310 Illegal Migrants at Borders Aug 13-20
- » Bulgaria Needs Effort to Incite Investment - Commissioner Georgieva