More Bulgarians Use Card Payment Methods
More Bulgarians are willing to use POS terminals and tend not to pay cash.
In 2013, the purchases made by debit or credit card increased by 20% and the average amount was BGN 70 per month.
Consumers tend to be more willing to use a POS terminal for small purchases of BGN 2-3 as well, Nova TV reports.
Traditionally, more card payments are made during the holidays. Therefore, the transactions via POS terminals increased by 40% in December.
According to bankers, the future is in the contactless payments which save time otherwise spent in lines at stores
- » Bulgarians Abroad Sent BGN 1 B Back Home in 2016
- » Citizen Deposits in Banks Grow by 6.9% Year-on-Year in August 2016
- » Prices of Cigarettes to Go Up in Bulgaria through 2017
- » Cigarette Prices To Increase in 2017
- » Tax Declarations To Be Filed Electronically As Of 2018
- » BNB Reports Positive Balance Of Payments in July