More Bulgarians Use Card Payment Methods
More Bulgarians are willing to use POS terminals and tend not to pay cash.
In 2013, the purchases made by debit or credit card increased by 20% and the average amount was BGN 70 per month.
Consumers tend to be more willing to use a POS terminal for small purchases of BGN 2-3 as well, Nova TV reports.
Traditionally, more card payments are made during the holidays. Therefore, the transactions via POS terminals increased by 40% in December.
According to bankers, the future is in the contactless payments which save time otherwise spent in lines at stores
- » Time for Bulgaria to Join Euro Waiting Room - C-Bank Governor
- » Fitch Affirms Bulgaria's BBB- Rating
- » S&P Confirms 'Junk' Status of Bulgaria
- » European Parliament Approves EU Budget for 2017
- » BSP Threatens To Refer Budget 2017 to Constitutional Court
- » Annual Subsidy for Bulgarian Parties To Remain BGN 11 Per Valid Vote