More Bulgarians Use Card Payment Methods
More Bulgarians are willing to use POS terminals and tend not to pay cash.
In 2013, the purchases made by debit or credit card increased by 20% and the average amount was BGN 70 per month.
Consumers tend to be more willing to use a POS terminal for small purchases of BGN 2-3 as well, Nova TV reports.
Traditionally, more card payments are made during the holidays. Therefore, the transactions via POS terminals increased by 40% in December.
According to bankers, the future is in the contactless payments which save time otherwise spent in lines at stores
- » Finance Ministry Meets with EPIC to Discuss KTB Recovery
- » BNB Welcomes KTB Shareholders' Efforts to Work on Recovery Plan
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 10.5-Year Issue of BGN-Denominated Govt Securities at 3.12% Yield
- » KTB Shareholders Seek Sofia Meeting to Prepare Rescue Plan
- » KTB Can Be Rescued Without Special Law or Public Funds, Experts Agree
- » Corpbank Rescue Options to Be Discussed at BIA