Bulgaria’s Skier Gridin to Skip Friday Competition in Sochi
Andrey Gridin of Kazakhstan, who competes for Bulgaria at the Sochi Winter Olympics, will most likely skip the start of the 15 km cross-country skiing.
The coaches of the Bulgarian ski team have decided to let Veselin Tzinzov take part in the competition on Friday while Gridin help with the testing.
"The team of Kazakhstan has tested 600 different combinations of skis and waxes in the first start. We cannot afford this, but at least we will try to secure a better chance for Tzinzov in the 15 km cross-country skiing," Bulgaria’s coach Plamen Nedyalkov told reporters.
The start of the 15 km classic style cross-country skiing which begins at 12 o’clock on Friday, is the third in the cross-country skiing program.
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach
- » Michael Schumacher Showing 'Signs of Progress'