Bulgaria’s Skier Gridin to Skip Friday Competition in Sochi
Andrey Gridin of Kazakhstan, who competes for Bulgaria at the Sochi Winter Olympics, will most likely skip the start of the 15 km cross-country skiing.
The coaches of the Bulgarian ski team have decided to let Veselin Tzinzov take part in the competition on Friday while Gridin help with the testing.
"The team of Kazakhstan has tested 600 different combinations of skis and waxes in the first start. We cannot afford this, but at least we will try to secure a better chance for Tzinzov in the 15 km cross-country skiing," Bulgaria’s coach Plamen Nedyalkov told reporters.
The start of the 15 km classic style cross-country skiing which begins at 12 o’clock on Friday, is the third in the cross-country skiing program.
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship
- » Bulgaria's Ivet Lalova Qualifies for 100 M Final at Euro Athletics Championship