Yet Another Man Freezes to Death in Bulgaria
Despite a palpable rise in temperatures in most parts of the country, another Bulgarian has died after getting stuck in a snowdrift.
The victim has been identified as a 29-year-old man from the town of Kubrat. He was found dead in a snowdrift after a night out with friends and too many alcoholic drinks.
The autopsy showed that he had died of freezing.
Four man lost their lives in the cold spell toll that gripped Bulgaria in the first month of the year.
A 76-year-old man died on January 29 after getting stuck in a snowdrift in the village of Povet, near the Bulgarian-Turkish border. Three other men have died in weather-related incidents in eastern villages in the last two days.
Heavy snowfall had left parts of Bulgaria without electricity on Wednesday and made some roads impassable.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » Burgas Residents Want a Local Referendum because of Plant Polluting the City
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 on the Richter Scale in Greece
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » Large Oil Refinery in Texas is on Fire
- » April,20 - Hristo Prodanov is Becoming a Hero, Climbing Mount Everest Without the Use of Supplementary Oxygen