Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Renamed Marigor
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, the up and coming face of the ATP, has become better known as Marigor thanks to his relationship with Maria Sharapova.
Foreign sports journalists are increasingly referring to the Bulgarian shooting star with the endearing Marigor, especailly after his exciting feats at the Australian Open, a quick search on the Internet shows.
Bulgaria's tennis star Grigor Dimitrov officially entered the top 20 of the world rankings, placed at number 19 in the renewed list, which came out at the end of January.
Dimitrov, who reached the quarterfinals of the Australian Open in the middle of January, has 1,810 points.
Shortly before that tennis princess Maria Sharapova spoke for the first time openly about her relationship with Bulgaria's rising tennis star and beau Grigor Dimitrov.
"It's nice to see somebody that's next to me that is building their own life and becoming their own individual, respecting me at what I'm doing, giving me my life but being a huge part of it.
It's a very difficult combination to find in any relationship, but I've been really blessed to have that." Sharapova said in an interview for The New York Times on December 17.
Sharapova was once engaged to the former N.B.A. player Sasha Vujacic, but they split in 2012, the year Sharapova won the French Open.
"I had a challenging last year with going through a breakup while winning a Grand Slam," she said.
"So it's nice. I'm in a nice place in my life definitely, and I think I'm much more grateful now for the things I have just because I feel I've experienced a lot, so if I'm able to come home and be happy with someone, it's because I've learned from the past."
Rumors of the relationship between the Russian tennis princess and Grigor Dimitrov were confirmed in the summer. after they were caught in Madrid showing their affection for each other.
- » Bulgaria Sends at Least 19 Athletes in the Olympic Games PyongChang `18
- » Official: Manchester United and Arsenal Announced the Swap Deal of Stars
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eliminated at 1/4-final from the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov will Go Out for the Quarterfinals at the Australian Open on Tuesday
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00