Bulgarian Govt, 'Honest' Business to Tackle Shadow Economy
Bulgarian government and the honest business companies are launching a partnership to jointly tackle the shadow economy.
The statement was made Monday by the Economy and Energy Minister in the Socialist-endorsed government, Dragomir Stoynev, who was in the central town of Gorna Oryahovitsa for the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the sugar factory there.
Stoynev explained the measures were undertaken mainly by the Finance Ministry.
"Until now the government has been clearly demonstrating it is acting properly towards the Bulgarian business and the major part of the latter also showed it is correct to the government and from now on, those who intend to continue working in the shadow economy are no longer part of our team," said he, cited by the public radio, BNR.
According to him, the government – business team included entrepreneurs who pay taxes, benefits, social security and salaries and the State is pledging to never delay payments to them.
"To those who exploit the honest and dignified people of Bulgaria for their own profit, I would say that this is no longer going to happen," said Stoynev.
He noted that the State cannot interfere and be an arbitrator in all enterprises with problems, but would firmly support the vital sectors of the Bulgarian economy.
- » Bulgaria Records Budget Surplus of BGN 63.9 M as of End October
- » Parliamentary Committee Approves Bulgaria's 2016 Draft Budget
- » Bulgarian PM Calls on Mayors to Increase Taxes Due to Rising Security Expenditures
- » Bulgaria MPs to Vote on 2016 Budget This Week
- » Bulgaria Backs Nord Stream-2, Standing Up for Own Gas Hub Project
- » Liberalization of Energy Market in Bulgaria Likely to Lead to Power Price Hike
The "government" IS the shadow economy in BG.
"To those who exploit the honest and dignified people of Bulgaria for their own profit, I would say that this is no longer going to happen," said Stoynev.".............................
So is the entire "government" going to be sacked?