Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southern Bulgaria Monday.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 2 km. The epicenter is located 12 km east of the town of Yakoruda, 48 km southwest of the city of Pazardzhik and 88 km southeast from the capital Sofia.
The tremor was registered at 00:31 am Monday.
There are no reports of casualties or material damage.
- » Code Orange Issued in 21 Bulgarian Regions over Dangerous Heat
- » 4-Magnitude Earthquake in Greece Felt in Bulgaria
- » Decreasing Water Levels Hamper Sailing on Danube Near Bulgaria's Belene
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of 10 African Grey Parrots
- » Wildfire Near Bulgaria's Harmanli Continues to Rage for Third Day
- » Wildfire Rages for Second Day Near Bulgaria's Harmanli