Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southern Bulgaria Monday.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 2 km. The epicenter is located 12 km east of the town of Yakoruda, 48 km southwest of the city of Pazardzhik and 88 km southeast from the capital Sofia.
The tremor was registered at 00:31 am Monday.
There are no reports of casualties or material damage.
- » World Has Missed Chance to Avoid Dangerous Global Warming
- » NIMH: Day Temperatures To Go Down
- » NASA Plans to Make Oxygen From Atmosphere on Mars
- » For the Last 7 days, More Than 130 Fires Have Been Extinguished in Bulgaria
- » Total Solar Eclipse in North America on Monday
- » Risk of Fires in Bulgaria Remains High