Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southern Bulgaria Monday.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 2 km. The epicenter is located 12 km east of the town of Yakoruda, 48 km southwest of the city of Pazardzhik and 88 km southeast from the capital Sofia.
The tremor was registered at 00:31 am Monday.
There are no reports of casualties or material damage.
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Minor Jolts Registered in SW Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain