Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southern Bulgaria Monday.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 2 km. The epicenter is located 12 km east of the town of Yakoruda, 48 km southwest of the city of Pazardzhik and 88 km southeast from the capital Sofia.
The tremor was registered at 00:31 am Monday.
There are no reports of casualties or material damage.
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Weather Alert Issued throughout Bulgaria over Heavy Snow
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Ice on Roads in Several Regions
- » Greece Hit by 5-Magniture Earthquake
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds
- » Trump's Election Casts Doubt Over Paris Environmental Agreement