Light Earthquake Registered in Southern Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 2.9 points on the Richter scale has been registered in southern Bulgaria Monday.
According to the European Seismology Center, the quake had an epicenter with a depth of 2 km. The epicenter is located 12 km east of the town of Yakoruda, 48 km southwest of the city of Pazardzhik and 88 km southeast from the capital Sofia.
The tremor was registered at 00:31 am Monday.
There are no reports of casualties or material damage.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures