Contaminated Cocaine Suspected in Briton's Death in Bulgaria
A British woman has died at a Bulgarian ski resort after allegedly after buying contaminated cocaine from a local dealer, police suspect.
Nina Holmes, 22, from Swansea, collapsed outside a bar in the resort of Borovets on Sunday night.
Eight other British nationals were taken to hospital following a night out in the area - which is 45 miles from the capital Sofia - prompting a police investigation.
Tests are being carried out on the drug sold to the British tourists and police confirmed a local resort worker was being questioned on suspicion of supplying cocaine.
Local media reports said that a 25-year-old restaurant worker, a woman, had been arrested on suspicion of supplying cocaine to British tourists.
Prosecutors in the capital Sofia have launched a preliminary inquiry into the incident.
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby
- » Sofia Appellate Court Upholds Judge Chenalova's Release on Bail
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora