Man with Criminal Record Shot Dead in Broad Daylight in Sofia
A 44-year-old man with a criminal record was shot down in broad daylight on Sunday morning in Sofia.
According to reports of the Interior Ministry, the shooting took place in Sofia's Sveta Troitsa district.
The incident was reported at 9.25 am via the 112 emergency hotline.
According to preliminary reports, two men rang the front door bell of the block flats and as the victim came down the stairs and opened the door, they opened fire on him, shooting two bullets into his head. The man died on the spot.
According to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio, the victim was identified as 44-year-old Stoyan Tsvetkov. He had been convicted for drug possession and smuggling of excise goods and had been under house arrest.
- » Special Prosecutor's Office Ends KTB Investigation, 18 People Indicted
- » Increased Police Presence Along E-79 Due To Casino Robbery
- » Police Turns Over 7 Bulgarian Citizens to Greek Authorities
- » Two Israelis Detained over Death Case Near Bulgaria's Samokov
- » Bulgarian Police 'Helping People Smugglers', Migrant Claims
- » Mayor of Bulgaria's Galiche Released on Bail