Dario Cologna Claims Olympic Gold in Men’s Skiathlon
Dario Cologna claimed gold for Switzerland in the men’s skiathlon 15km classic + 15km free competition, Sunday.
Sweden’s Marcus Hellner finished in second-place to win the silver and Martin Sunbdy of Norway took home the bronze.
The Russian top finishers landed in fourth and fifth. If it has not been by a late move from Sunbdy in the final strides of the race, Russia would have earned their first medal as the host of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis