Some 2 M Bulgarians Do Not Pay for Health Care
Out of 7.282 million Bulgarian citizens, 2.034 million do not pay their health insurance, according to official data.
The number of uninsured in 2010 was 1,893,595 people, and it is gradually increasing, the statistics of the National Revenue Agency as of November 31, 2013 showed.
Some 1.190 million Bulgarians are immigrants and therefore do not pay their health insurance.
130 000 have no access to the necessary information, 460 000 Bulgarians cannot afford to pay their insurance, and 254 000 people benefit from the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) only in case they suffer a serious health problem.
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Halts BGN 30 M of Procurement
- » Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
- » Childhood Obesity in Bulgaria Growing at Alarming Rate
- » New Medical Standards To Be Introduced for Bulgaria's GPs
- » WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak 'International Public Health Emergency'
- » No Health Reform Likely Soon, Outgoing Minister Says