Some 2 M Bulgarians Do Not Pay for Health Care
Out of 7.282 million Bulgarian citizens, 2.034 million do not pay their health insurance, according to official data.
The number of uninsured in 2010 was 1,893,595 people, and it is gradually increasing, the statistics of the National Revenue Agency as of November 31, 2013 showed.
Some 1.190 million Bulgarians are immigrants and therefore do not pay their health insurance.
130 000 have no access to the necessary information, 460 000 Bulgarians cannot afford to pay their insurance, and 254 000 people benefit from the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) only in case they suffer a serious health problem.
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Bulgaria's Child Mortality Is 2 Times Higher Than EU's
- » Israeli Investors Building 4 Oncological Centers in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Health Inspectorate Steps Up Checks on Indoor Smoking Ban
- » All Ambulances to Bear Posters in Support of Health Minister
- » Bulgaria 'to Invest EUR 300 M in Healthcare in 2016'