Some 2 M Bulgarians Do Not Pay for Health Care
Out of 7.282 million Bulgarian citizens, 2.034 million do not pay their health insurance, according to official data.
The number of uninsured in 2010 was 1,893,595 people, and it is gradually increasing, the statistics of the National Revenue Agency as of November 31, 2013 showed.
Some 1.190 million Bulgarians are immigrants and therefore do not pay their health insurance.
130 000 have no access to the necessary information, 460 000 Bulgarians cannot afford to pay their insurance, and 254 000 people benefit from the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) only in case they suffer a serious health problem.
- » 600 Thousand Bulgarians Suffer from Diabetes – Expert
- » Bulgaria’s National Health Insurance Fund Seeks Budget Update by BGN 100 M
- » Flu Epidemic Most Likely To Peak In January – February
- » Heart Disease Remains Leading Cause of Death in Bulgaria
- » 19% of Bulgarians Paid No Health Insurance Contributions in 2013
- » 400 Doctors Left Bulgaria to Work Overseas since January