Some 2 M Bulgarians Do Not Pay for Health Care
Out of 7.282 million Bulgarian citizens, 2.034 million do not pay their health insurance, according to official data.
The number of uninsured in 2010 was 1,893,595 people, and it is gradually increasing, the statistics of the National Revenue Agency as of November 31, 2013 showed.
Some 1.190 million Bulgarians are immigrants and therefore do not pay their health insurance.
130 000 have no access to the necessary information, 460 000 Bulgarians cannot afford to pay their insurance, and 254 000 people benefit from the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) only in case they suffer a serious health problem.
- » Sofia Patient with 'Ebola' Symptoms Infected with Malaria
- » Bulgaria Health Minister Urges Increased Awareness of Ebola Risk
- » Sofia Patient Uninfected with Ebola, Tests Show
- » Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms Hospitalised In Sofia, Officials Doubt Ebola Version
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister to Submit Reform Plan by end-November
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass Overhaul of Healthcare Budget