Two Killed in French Alps Train Derailment
Two people were killed and nine injured after a tourist train derailed in the southern French Alps, local media reported.
The train was traveling between the resort towns of Nice and Digne-les-Bains, when it derailed near Annot, 87 kilometers north-west of Nice after reportedly hitting a rock.
The train travels along the mountains on track that regularly receives snow and rock falls, but regional transport official Jean-Yves Petit claimed that even in winter it is considered safe.
- » Bulgaria Reluctant to Send Joint Patrols with Serbia on Turkish Border
- » Macedonia's Gruevski 'Using anti-Bulgarian Acts' to Win Elections' - MEP
- » Russian MP: Bulgarian Politicians Have No Sense of Humour
- » Hungarian PM Orban: EU Must Build Giant City for Refugees in Libya
- » Bulgarian Historical Museum To Restore Kaimakchalan Monument
- » Desecrated Bulgarian Memorial Plaque 'Was Illegal', Skopje Says