Two Killed in French Alps Train Derailment
Two people were killed and nine injured after a tourist train derailed in the southern French Alps, local media reported.
The train was traveling between the resort towns of Nice and Digne-les-Bains, when it derailed near Annot, 87 kilometers north-west of Nice after reportedly hitting a rock.
The train travels along the mountains on track that regularly receives snow and rock falls, but regional transport official Jean-Yves Petit claimed that even in winter it is considered safe.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad