Two Killed in French Alps Train Derailment
Two people were killed and nine injured after a tourist train derailed in the southern French Alps, local media reported.
The train was traveling between the resort towns of Nice and Digne-les-Bains, when it derailed near Annot, 87 kilometers north-west of Nice after reportedly hitting a rock.
The train travels along the mountains on track that regularly receives snow and rock falls, but regional transport official Jean-Yves Petit claimed that even in winter it is considered safe.
- » Tensions Rise as Palestine Suspends Security Cooperation with Israel
- » Greece Repays First Installment Worth EUR 310 M of IMF Loan
- » Nemtsov's Girlfriend 'Received Death Threats'
- » Putin Slashes Russian Government Salaries by 10%
- » Russia's Navalny Freed from Detention
- » IS Militants Bulldozed Iraq's Ancient City of Nimrud