Two Killed in French Alps Train Derailment
Two people were killed and nine injured after a tourist train derailed in the southern French Alps, local media reported.
The train was traveling between the resort towns of Nice and Digne-les-Bains, when it derailed near Annot, 87 kilometers north-west of Nice after reportedly hitting a rock.
The train travels along the mountains on track that regularly receives snow and rock falls, but regional transport official Jean-Yves Petit claimed that even in winter it is considered safe.
- » Russian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine Despite Protests (Updated)
- » Russian Humanitarian Convoy Enters Ukraine
- » Islamic State 'Holding Up to 20 Westerners' Hostage
- » Turkey’s Ruling Party Names Foreign Minister Davutoglu as New PM
- » Ukrainian President Likely to Dissolve Parliament Next Week
- » US Admits Secret Mission Failed to Free James Foley