Two Killed in French Alps Train Derailment
Two people were killed and nine injured after a tourist train derailed in the southern French Alps, local media reported.
The train was traveling between the resort towns of Nice and Digne-les-Bains, when it derailed near Annot, 87 kilometers north-west of Nice after reportedly hitting a rock.
The train travels along the mountains on track that regularly receives snow and rock falls, but regional transport official Jean-Yves Petit claimed that even in winter it is considered safe.
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Hid Mental Illness from Employer - Prosecutors
- » Turkish President Erdogan Pledges Support for Saudi Arabia Military Operation
- » Crashed Germanwings Plane Co-Pilot Battled Depression, Media Reports Say
- » Airlines Implement Further Security Measures
- » Police Searches House of Germanwings Co-Pilot
- » Croatian Culture Minister Resigns Over Financial Irregularities