Two Killed in French Alps Train Derailment
Two people were killed and nine injured after a tourist train derailed in the southern French Alps, local media reported.
The train was traveling between the resort towns of Nice and Digne-les-Bains, when it derailed near Annot, 87 kilometers north-west of Nice after reportedly hitting a rock.
The train travels along the mountains on track that regularly receives snow and rock falls, but regional transport official Jean-Yves Petit claimed that even in winter it is considered safe.
- » U.N. Chief Opens General Assembly with Jabs at Trump, North Korea
- » Maria Gabriel: The EU Needs Cybersecurity Specialists
- » At Least 4 PKK Terrorists Killed in Airstrikes in Northern Iraq
- » Emmanuel Macron to Push Euro Plan into German Coalition Talks
- » The First Chinese Space Station will Fall to Earth in Early 2018.
- » Romania braces for migrant influx