Russia Denies Figure Skating Fix Allegation
Russia denied an anonymously sourced report of collusion with the United States to share the figure skating gold medals at the Sochi Olympics, according to Russian media reports.
French sports publication L'Equipe quoted an anonymous Russian coach as saying judges from US would help Russians win gold medals in the pairs and team event, while the Russian judges would assist the US pair to win the ice dance, Ria news agency informed.
US Figure Skating rejected the claim as "categorically false" to the Chicago Tribune and Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko issued a similarly short denial to R-Sport.
The report reminded of the judging scandal in the Salt Lake City games in 2002, when a French judge gave low scores to Canadian skaters in order to assist a Russian pair.
- » Ina Ananieva: All we do, we do it for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Rhythmic Gymnastics Team Receives Warm Welcome at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgarian rhythmic Gymnastics Captain: We played like lions
- » Bulgaria with Bronze Medal after Impressive Performance in Rio Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Dimitrov defeated by Cilic at Cincinnati Masters