Russia Denies Figure Skating Fix Allegation
Russia denied an anonymously sourced report of collusion with the United States to share the figure skating gold medals at the Sochi Olympics, according to Russian media reports.
French sports publication L'Equipe quoted an anonymous Russian coach as saying judges from US would help Russians win gold medals in the pairs and team event, while the Russian judges would assist the US pair to win the ice dance, Ria news agency informed.
US Figure Skating rejected the claim as "categorically false" to the Chicago Tribune and Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko issued a similarly short denial to R-Sport.
The report reminded of the judging scandal in the Salt Lake City games in 2002, when a French judge gave low scores to Canadian skaters in order to assist a Russian pair.
- » Dimitrov Struggled Again but Achieved his Third Victory at the Australian Open
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play Tomorrow Against Russian Tennis Player Andrey Rublev at 6:00
- » Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
- » Ronaldinho: Brazilian World Cup Winner Retires From Football
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time
- » Novak Djokovic HITS BACK Over ‘Exaggerated’ Australian Open