US Snowboarder Wins 1st Gold of Sochi Olympics
The United States clinched the first gold medal of the Winter Olympics on Saturday, as Sage Kotsenburg won the snowboard men's slopestyle.
Scoring 93.50 on his first run decided the gold for Kotsenburg, ahead of Norway’s Staale Sandbech with the silver on 91.75 and Canada's Mark McMorris taking the bronze with 88.75.
Slopestyle’s first Olympic showing followed controversy over the course, which has been altered to lower the height of the jumps in light of complaints from athletes that it was unsafe.
Other events planned for Saturday include figure skating team competition and the women's moguls final.
- » Bulgarian Football Union to Determine Fate of CSKA Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Reaches Last Round of Roland Garros Qualifiers
- » Zinedine Zidane Also to Attend Final of European U-17 Championship
- » UEFA President to Attend Final, Award Ceremony of European U-17 Championship
- » Bulgaria Football Union Withdraws Domestic, Euro Licences of Four Teams
- » Football Union Reportedly Revokes Licences of Bulgaria's CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia