US Snowboarder Wins 1st Gold of Sochi Olympics
The United States clinched the first gold medal of the Winter Olympics on Saturday, as Sage Kotsenburg won the snowboard men's slopestyle.
Scoring 93.50 on his first run decided the gold for Kotsenburg, ahead of Norway’s Staale Sandbech with the silver on 91.75 and Canada's Mark McMorris taking the bronze with 88.75.
Slopestyle’s first Olympic showing followed controversy over the course, which has been altered to lower the height of the jumps in light of complaints from athletes that it was unsafe.
Other events planned for Saturday include figure skating team competition and the women's moguls final.
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again
- » Ludogorets, Basel Tied 1:1 in Champions League Group Game
- » World Chess Federation Confirms Bulgaria's Suspension