US Snowboarder Wins 1st Gold of Sochi Olympics
The United States clinched the first gold medal of the Winter Olympics on Saturday, as Sage Kotsenburg won the snowboard men's slopestyle.
Scoring 93.50 on his first run decided the gold for Kotsenburg, ahead of Norway’s Staale Sandbech with the silver on 91.75 and Canada's Mark McMorris taking the bronze with 88.75.
Slopestyle’s first Olympic showing followed controversy over the course, which has been altered to lower the height of the jumps in light of complaints from athletes that it was unsafe.
Other events planned for Saturday include figure skating team competition and the women's moguls final.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Stockholm Semi-Finals
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Stockholm Quarter Finals
- » Ludogorets Suffers Heavy Defeat from Arsenal in London
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Arsenal in London on Tuesday
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Retains 18th Spot in ATP Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Backs Down in 2nd Round of ATP Masters Shanghai