Family of British Woman Wants Answers after Borovets Death
The family of Nina Holmes, the young British woman who died while on holiday in Bulgaria, have spoken of their shock.
Holmes, a 33-year-old woman from Wales, collapsed outside BJ's bar in the skiing resort Borovets on Sunday night.
Police are investigating whether drugs may have been involved in the case.
“We don’t know what happened and we are waiting to find out from the authorities in Bulgaria,” a Holmes family spokesman has said, as cited by the South Wales Evening Post.
“They are bringing Nina’s body back and that is the most important thing for us right now.
The District Prosecution Office in the Bulgarian capital Sofia confirmed a preliminary inquiry had begun into the incident.
- » Bulgaria Charges Seven with Promoting Islamic State, Propagating War
- » Pazardzhik Imam Charged With Membership of War-Propagating Group
- » Five Detained in Pazardzhik Released, Imam Remains Under Arrest
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Volen Siderov Gives Up Immunity
- » Lebanese Police Arrests 'Dangerous' Bulgarian Drug Expert
- » Bulgaria Prosecution 'Subject to Political Pressure' - Chief Prosecutor