Sochi Parade of Nations Map Stirs Confusion in Bulgaria
A screen grab showing Bulgaria’s map during the parade of nations at the Olympics opening ceremony in Sochi has stirred confusion among pundits.
Several Bulgarian online news sources claimed late on Friday that the map was wrong, arguing it had “added” foreign territories (namely the Foreign Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Western Trace) to the country.
Articles about the alleged “blunder” later also appeared in Macedonian media.
However, as Internet forum users have pointed out, the map actually shows Bulgaria’s correct borders.
The map simply appeared distorted because of the angle from which the footage was shot.
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings
Apparently Asia is a top trading priority for North America also.
Here is the link and you may learn a thing or two…. (Hopefully)
Turkish George is so right. Bulgaria needs to stop trading immediately with Europe and focus on its friends in the East like Russia, Syria, Saudi, China and North Korea. But I do not agree with George Zheliazkov when he demands a moslem government and sharia law in Bulgaria.
Well that’s about right or at least that’s the Bulgaria I like.
Good job Russia, you have the right map.
Anyways did I mention trade with ASIA? Here we go…..
Ahhh, there is nothing better in this world than the good old Eurasia…..
BTW GO Bulgaria GO!!!!!
Bring some gold medals home!