Sochi Parade of Nations Map Stirs Confusion in Bulgaria
A screen grab showing Bulgaria’s map during the parade of nations at the Olympics opening ceremony in Sochi has stirred confusion among pundits.
Several Bulgarian online news sources claimed late on Friday that the map was wrong, arguing it had “added” foreign territories (namely the Foreign Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Western Trace) to the country.
Articles about the alleged “blunder” later also appeared in Macedonian media.
However, as Internet forum users have pointed out, the map actually shows Bulgaria’s correct borders.
The map simply appeared distorted because of the angle from which the footage was shot.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
Apparently Asia is a top trading priority for North America also.
Here is the link and you may learn a thing or two…. (Hopefully)
Turkish George is so right. Bulgaria needs to stop trading immediately with Europe and focus on its friends in the East like Russia, Syria, Saudi, China and North Korea. But I do not agree with George Zheliazkov when he demands a moslem government and sharia law in Bulgaria.
Well that’s about right or at least that’s the Bulgaria I like.
Good job Russia, you have the right map.
Anyways did I mention trade with ASIA? Here we go…..
Ahhh, there is nothing better in this world than the good old Eurasia…..
BTW GO Bulgaria GO!!!!!
Bring some gold medals home!