Passenger Attempted to Hijack Plane, Targets Sochi
A Pegasus Airlines plane landed at an Istanbul airport Friday after a passenger said that there was a bomb on board and wanted the plane to land in Sochi, Russia.
"While the plane was in the air, one of the passengers said that there was a bomb on board and asked the plane to not land in Sabiha Gokcen (in Turkey) but rather to land in Sochi," Transportation Ministry official Habip Soluk told on CNN.
Officials had no immediate details on why the alleged hijacker wanted to divert the plane to Sochi.
The alleged hijacker is of Ukrainian nationality.
- » Kiev, Pro-Moscow Rebels Agree to Set Buffer Zone to Bolster Ceasefire
- » First French Air Strikes Against Islamic State Destroy Supply Depot
- » Russia Mulls Isolating Itself from Global Internet
- » UK Retains Commitment to Devolution after Scotland's 'No'
- » Serbia Cuts Pensions, Public Sector Salaries
- » Albania's Parliament Dismisses Central Bank Governor