Passenger Attempted to Hijack Plane, Targets Sochi
A Pegasus Airlines plane landed at an Istanbul airport Friday after a passenger said that there was a bomb on board and wanted the plane to land in Sochi, Russia.
"While the plane was in the air, one of the passengers said that there was a bomb on board and asked the plane to not land in Sabiha Gokcen (in Turkey) but rather to land in Sochi," Transportation Ministry official Habip Soluk told on CNN.
Officials had no immediate details on why the alleged hijacker wanted to divert the plane to Sochi.
The alleged hijacker is of Ukrainian nationality.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants