Passenger Attempted to Hijack Plane, Targets Sochi
A Pegasus Airlines plane landed at an Istanbul airport Friday after a passenger said that there was a bomb on board and wanted the plane to land in Sochi, Russia.
"While the plane was in the air, one of the passengers said that there was a bomb on board and asked the plane to not land in Sabiha Gokcen (in Turkey) but rather to land in Sochi," Transportation Ministry official Habip Soluk told on CNN.
Officials had no immediate details on why the alleged hijacker wanted to divert the plane to Sochi.
The alleged hijacker is of Ukrainian nationality.
- » WASP-104b: Scientists Discover 'Hot Jupiters', Darkest Planet Ever!
- » Federica Moghereini: The EU Grants an Additional € 3 Billion to Turkey For Refugees
- » Athens Asks EU Official to Stop ‘Undermining’ FYROM Talks
- » Serbia Threatens Serbs with Prison if They Decide to Join Kosovo Army
- » Tensions in the EU rise as Brussels Plans to Shift Billions From Eastern Europe to Spain
- » G7 States Agree With UK That Russia ‘Highly Likely’ Responsible for Skripal Case